Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Ruby's Rainbow: Tags

 

Good morning!  It's time for another fun challenge from Ruby's Rainbow!  This fortnight our challenge was chosen by Jacqui and I have to admit it was a tough one for me....  You see, I am not an out of the box thinker!  I really admire the tags that others design...but had a hard time coming up with a plan.  I finally decided to go with a birthday theme....

I used a fun Changito image...doesn't he look excited!  LOL  He is so darn cute!  I colored the image with pencils, used Nestabilities to diecut and layer, then added a some Swarovski crystals.  I used a PTI die to cut my tag out of DP, added some grosgrain ribbon, popped up my image and added a candle to finish.  I decided to re-purpose a Crystal Light container, so I covered it with number paper to carry out the birthday theme.  I forgot to take a picture of the top, but the lid is decorated with as well; I diecut a circle of DP and mounted it on a scallop circle.  This ought to come in handy; my daughter turns 14 later this summer, plus it always seems like there is always a birthday party for her to attend.  (She went to one last night and I was REALLY SURPRISED when she asked me if she could pick out a card for her friend!  You see, she usually makes fun of my hobby...I was touched that she wanted one of my creations!  I told her to pick anything she wanted....)

Image: Stampendous
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Sakura Black Gel Pen
Paper: PTI Stamper's Selet, Berry Sorbet, and Dark Chocolate, American Crafts DP
Embellies: Swarovski Flatback Crystals, Wright's Chocolate Grosgrain Ribbon, Berry Grosgrain Ribbon (my stash), Cake Mate Candle
Extras: Crayola's/Goo Gone, PTI Tag Die, Spellbinders Nestabilities, SU! Dimensionals

I hope you will check out the rest of the DT's creations at the Ruby's Rainbow challenge blog; better yet, it would be great to see you create a tag of your own!

I am also entering my creation in the following challenges:

Craft Room Challenge: Birthdays
Cupcake Craft: Tag You're It!
Oldie But a Goodie: Anything Goes (I used DP that is 2 years old...still love it though!)
Papertake Weekly: Anything Goes
The Ribbon Carousel: Birthday Bash
There's Magic In the Air: Bingo (punches,ribbon, 2 or more patterned papers)

Thanks for stopping by today!

Angela

17 comments:

Basslady said...

hun, you are my monkey-queen!

i can't get enought of this sweet images! GREAT job!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

shaz earl said...

Brilliant tag and container, love the papers and image
hugs Shaz x

Aunty Sue said...

such a bright cheery tag and tin,thanks for taking part in this weeks Papetake Weekly Challenge. Aunty Sue GDT

Zoechaos said...

Terrific recycling and out of the box! Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

Janice said...

A brilliant re-cycling job here. You have decorated the tub so well & I love the tag with the candle attached. What a lovely touch. Nice that your daughter is appreciating your talent too! Thanks for joining us at an OBAG, Jx

Linda Palmer said...

I love the idea of the tag and using it on the container. I have an abundance of crystal light containers. Yours is beautifully designed as always.

Marie said...

Yeah...Changito is back. Just love everything you make with this cute monkey. Great recycling!

Imke said...

Great tag, Angela. I like the candle. Great accent !

DesignerDiva said...

I love your beautiful creation Thanks for joining us at Oldie But A Goodie this week and good luck with the challenge
Laurie xx

Lesley said...

This is lovely and the monkey is so cute Angela! xx

Cheryl said...

Not an "out of the box thinker," huh? Well, you could have fooled me...this is awesome!!! I love the little candle you attached.

craft-roomjulia said...

Fantastic recycled creation. Love the extremely cute image. Thanks for joining us at Craft Room Challenge and good luck. Julia xx

Amy said...

Darling! Those CL containers are fun to decorate. So happy your daughter is finally appreciating your amazing talent! ;)

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous tag, thank you so much for sharing with us at Cupcake Craft Challenges this week.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Chris said...

awesome project!! love this!

hazel said...

A lovely project, I love the cute image. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.

Larissa said...

This is such a cute gift!! Love this Changito image. (I actually used a CHangito a few days ago!! Such a long time since I have used any of those images. I haven't blogged it yet, it has to wait a little bit longer before I can post it)

So Ivy picked a card from you! Woohooo!