Saturday, June 9, 2012

Happy Bearday!


Good morning!  I hope your weekend has gotten off to a good start; mine has.  I took some time to get crafty this morning; we also have family here from out of state and have a family graduation to attend, so it will be a fun day!

I have joined the Forever Friends Monthly Challenge Team.  Actually I am jumping in a bit late with this challenge, as it began Thursday.  I like playing along with the challenges because I get to include an animal on my cards!  Our challenge this month is "Birthday".

I chose this adorable FF bear to work with; I went with plain cardstock and vellum to keep the focus on the cute image.  The vellum actually has a nice texture, but it's hard to see in the photo.  I used my corner rounder to add a bit of interest, added a piece of faux ribbon (I used the MFT Grosgrain Texture Board Die-namics and just ran a strip of CS through my Cuttlebug...super easy, plus you can have "ribbon" in any width or color!), and some rhinestones.

Image: Forever Friends Digital Image
Ink: Printer
Paper: G.P. 110, SU! Pretty in Pink, Papertrey Ink Vellum
Embellies: Me & My Big Ideas Rhinestones
Extras: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, MGT Grosgrain Texture Board Die-namics, The Paper Studio Sticky Doos

The sketch I used for my card is from Alota Rubber Stamps and I am also entering my card in the following challenges:

Craft Punked: Happy Birthday
Ooh La La Creations: Make it Girly

Thanks for stopping by today; enjoy your weekend!

Angela

17 comments:

Wendy L said...

This is a gorgeous card. Enjoy your weekend. Fellow DT member

Amy said...

Very pretty and sweet!

Linda Palmer said...

Darling card and image. Great design and I love the really soft colors. Beautiful job Angela.

Carol C said...

Beautiful card, I love the colours, the bear is so cute :D Thanks for joining us at Craft Punked this week, Carol xx

Paula said...

What a fab card its perfect for a celebration, it looks wonderful! Thanks for joining Craft Punked this week, Paula :))

Pat said...

Lovely card, sweet image and great layout. Thanks for joining our challenge at Ooh La La this week.

Pat xx

Wendi said...

Pretty card and cute image
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Imke said...

Very sweet, Angela.

Daniele said...

such a sweet card thank you for joining us at OLL
hugs

Chris said...

ahh very cute card!!

Sheryl said...

Hi Angela! Its been a real treat for me to browse through your lovely blog! Your cards and projects are wonderful! I'm your newest follower!
I hope that your having a great day!
Warmest Hugs, Sheryl

Lori said...

Your card is so sweet! What a darling image!

Larissa said...

Congrats on your new DT position! Love the cute image you used. Those forever friends bears are so adorable.

Blankina said...

Hi!! What a FF cutie...just wanted to let you know that I will also be on the FOREVER FRIENDS DT team..
Will become your follower,

Ciao from Italy,

Blankina

CraftyNess said...

Love the layout and colors you have used :) thanks for joining Craft Punked this week x

Marie said...

Super cute, Angela. Love your use of vellum, adds eye appeal without detracting from the adorable Birthday Bear.

Biggan said...

Sooo sweet! Love it! Thanks for joining our challenge at Alota Rubberstamp´s blog!

Hug
Birgit