Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Ruby's Rainbow Challenge


Good Wednesday morning!  It's time for a new Ruby's Rainbow challenge; this fortnight Sandra has challenged us to make a card with black and white, plus one other color.  Sounds fun, right?!

I chose SU! Peach Parfait and I just happened to have some matching DP in my stash!  (I love the SU! In Color DSP; there's a nice variety of patterns which are perfect for the monochromatic look.  I really need to order the new set of colors....)  I simply colored the flower, added a generous helping of glitter, and finished it off with a large black brad.  I added 3 small brads to the image panel and called it good.  I thought of adding ribbon, but decided against it...I like the crisp, clean look...sometimes simple works!

Image: Stamping Bella
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select, SU! Basic Black, Peach Parfait CS and DSP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Embellies: Barbara Trombley's Art Glitter in "Angel Dust", Spare Parts Brads
Extras: Crayola Colored Pencil, The Paper Studio Sticky Doos

I hope you will come on over to Ruby's Rainbow to gain some inspiration from the DT's creations.  What color will YOU choose to pair with black and white?  I can't wait to see!

I'm also entering my card in the following challenges:

Crafty Ann's Challenge Blog: It's a Girl Thing
Stamp and Create: Bold and Bright
Truly Madly Crafty Challenge: Monochrome
Try It On Tuesday: Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!

Angela

17 comments:

Imke said...

Gorgeous card, Angela. I like the non colored image. Super great idea !

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the image.xxx

jackiescrafts said...

This is a fab card I love the orange as your extra colour

Jackie x

Basslady said...

your card is so lovely, hun!

the choice of the dp's is perfect for your image and colours!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Linda Palmer said...

Love this idea and love your design. Great idea and a great card. Beautiful just as it is, did not need ribbon.

shaz earl said...

Gorgeous card Angela
love the fact the image doesn't need to be coloured, very effective
hugs Shaz x

Amy said...

Very cute! I like the effect of the B & W image with the pieced flower.

iReneM said...

This is beautiful, Angela :)
Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
x

Ann Whitfield said...

This is really lovely Angela, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Carol said...

Gorgeous card Angela, love the colour. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's this time. Carol DT x

Mrs.B said...

Lovely card and a great colour scheme.
Thanks for joining us at TioT
Avril xx

Jen said...

Super card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's.
Jen x

Lesley said...

Lovely card Angela, orange goes so well with black! xx

Kathy said...

Really eye catching. Love the flower only colored, especially with the glitter on it. This is just so hip looking, love it!

My name is Cindy said...

Stunning card!! Thanks for joining us at TioT, Cindy

Chris said...

great looking card, love the colors!!

Angela Weimer said...

What a fantastic CIS card. love the orange what a great choice. Thanks for joining us at Try it on Tuesdays "Anything goes" Challenge and have a great day. Angela