Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Birthday Cupcakes


Good morning!  It's time for another sketch challenge from Tuesday Morning Sketches; our sponsor for the week is Paper Garden Projects.  I have used a free digital image; you can find it here.

After printing the image and text, I colored the cupcake with pencils.  I like that the image is already shaded...that is such a great help for the coloring impaired...like me!  LOL  I used my corner rounder to add a bit of interest, added some twill, and finished with some rhinestones.  My finished card measures 5x7".

Image: Paper Garden Projects Digital Image
Ink: Printer
Paper: G.P. 110, PTI Fine Linen and Dark Chocolate, the girls' paperie DP
Embellies: PTI Hibiscus Burst Twill, Me and My Big Ideas Rhinestones
Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone, Corner Chomper

Please take a peek at the Tuesday Morning Sketches blog to see what the rest of the DT has done with this fun sketch.  There are a few new ladies, so let's show them some love!

I am also entering my card in the following challenges:

Anything Goes Challenge Blog: Polka Dot with Birthday Theme
Celebrate the Occasion: Happy Birthday
Sentimental SundaysCute and Girly 
Moving Along With the Times: Happy Birthday

Thanks for stopping by!

Angela

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Fab stamping Angela, super backing paper too well done Hugs Elaine

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hi Angela, Ah this is super, what a great card, Thanks for playing along with us on our Birthday Celebrations this fortnight on MAWTT, Love Hazelxox

Doreen said...

This is fantastic,love the image.xxx

Doreen said...

This is fantastic,love the image.xxx

Chris said...

yummy! looks good enough to eat!! great take on the sketch!

Jessi Fogan said...

Does it have to be MY birthday for them to be calorie-free, do you think, or would it work as long as it was someone's birthday? :)
Love the colours & the perfect amount of gems!

Debbie said...

This is such a pretty card!! That sentiment is going to be my new motto! :)

Linda Palmer said...

So pretty Angela and your coloring is beautiful. I love your card.

Adrian said...

2 cute! I really wish your sentiment was true! Thanks for playing @ CTO!

Mau xx said...

Super card Angela, Love the yummy cupcake, I could just eat that...maybe not..back to the diet :(
thanks for taking part in the Birthday challenge at MAWTT
Hugs Mau xx

Melissa Craig said...

You so do not have a coloring impairment Angela! Your cards are always so cute. And this one is no exception. But I like that the shading is already there, too. No guess work on the where the light is, right?

Dawn said...

So cute Angela! I downloaded this image too, but could not figure out how to make it work for this sketch. I love how you worked the round element into a rectangle shape. Cute!

Theresa said...

Yeah I agree, you are not coloring impaired!! This is just lovely. That cupcake looks yummy!! Love the bling.

Kathy said...

Wow, this is so cute Angela. Love the twill tie and pretty coloring on the cupcake.

Pami said...

Gorgeous card, love the paper! Thanks for joining in with our 3rd Birthday Celebrations at MAWTT this fortnight! Pami x

Cheryl said...

Great take on the sketch this week! Fantastic coloring on the image, and the dp's are so festive--just right for a birthday card.

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Love the sentiment with your wonderfully colored image, great card! Thanks so much for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Happy Birthday" Challenge :)

Sheryl said...

Hi Angela! Oh my goodness! Just look at all of the fun cards that I've been missing here! What a lovely birthday card! Its so pretty!
Warmest Hugs, Sheryl