Tuesday, June 12, 2012

TMS#150


Good morning Tuesday Morning Sketches fans!  Today I have another fun sketch to share.  Our sponsor this week is Designed2Delight and it is a judged challenge...which means there is a twist...kraft and black plus 1 color....  Sounds challenging, right?!

I will admit that I am not so good with color challenges!  This was a toughie for me, but then I remembered this wonderful DP that I had in my stash....  I could use pink (my favorite), stamp on the kraft, and add just a touch of black.  Whew; I felt such relief when I finally had a plan!  I also don't often use sentiments, so this was "out of the box" for me!

I simply stamped my sentiment, used a lot of diecuts, made some felt flowers, and added some crystals.  Voila'!  I like how this one turned out!

Sentiment: PTI Think Big Favorites 1
Ink: PTI Raspberry Fizz
Paper: PTI Raspberry Fizz, Kraft, and True Black, PTI Dotty Biscotti DP
Embellies: Swarovski Flatback Crystals in "Jet"
Extras: Spellbinders Nestabilities, MFT Rolled Rose Die-namics Dies, PTI Raspberry Fizz Felt, Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish Die, The Paper Studio Sticky Doos

I hope you will head over here to check out the rest of the DT's creations.  After that, I'd like to see what you come up with using the sketch and twist!

I am also entering my card in the following challenges:

Bunny Zoe's Crafts: Girls, Girls, Girls
Cheery Lynn Designs: Roses
Crafty Ann's: It's a Girl Thing
Crafty Calendar: Flowers in Bloom (plus the option of swirls)
Fussy and Fancy: Swirls and Flourishes
Lexi's Creations: Happy Birthday
Lollipop Crafts: Flowers in Bloom
Make It Monday: Anything Goes
Paper Play: Back to Kraft Basics
Polka Doodles: Lots of Flowers
Stamp and Create: Bold and Bright

Thanks for stopping by!

Angela

26 comments:

Carol Willis said...

Hi Angela, I've just found your blog on my travels and have become a follower. I've really enjoyed wandering through your blog and look forward to seeing your future creations.
Hugs
Caz x

Rene said...

This is just a gorgeous card...so lovely and elegant!
Thank you so much for joining us at Make it Monday! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry for a second at our second prize!
Good luck,
Rene :D

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous, love the colours....great layout.xxx

julie_woolston said...

Beautiful card love those flowers.

Thank you for joining us at Lexis Creations.

Hugs Julie x

Cheryl said...

This is beautiful! Fantastic flowers, and that polka dot paper is awesome!

Céline said...

fab card, love the combo and felt flowers

thanks for playing with us at fussy and fancy this week
hugs
céline

Linda Palmer said...

For a card that made you uncomfortable, it sure turned out beautiful! Love that bright pink and beautiful flowers.

Dawn said...

So pretty Angela! Love the hot pink. The rolled roses are gorgeous too!

Theresa said...

I think your card is lovely. I love the felt flowers - so elegant.

shulsart said...

Very elegant card, Angela. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge blog.

K Clark said...

love the pink and black and your swirls!!!
thanks for joining us at crafty calendaar challenge blog - kimberly - dt http://leokc34.blogspot.ca

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Hello ……. This is a Beautiful card…… saw this on MIM.

Hugs

Bella

Imke said...

One of my favorite colors ! Very elegant card, Angela.

Ann Whitfield said...

Excellently thought out Angela! Gorgeous card, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Daniele said...

just loving the pink and black colour combo. thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles
hugs

Jodi said...

simply adorable!!! LOVE it!!! Thank you for playing along at Cheery Lynn Designs!

Kathy said...

Wow, this is amazing! The pink is beautiful with kraft and black. This card is so elegant! Love the felt flowers.

Amy said...

What a sweet and elegant card!

Debbie said...

What a beautiful card!! I love those felt rolled flowers!!

Jen said...

Super card. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Ann's.
Jen x

Chris said...

love the pink!! gorgeous card!

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

What a fabulous card! That is such a striking shade of pink and what fab flowers!! Thanks for sharing with us at Lexi's Creations hugs Susan x

Melissa Craig said...

You did do a great job with the color challenge and the hot pink is fabulous. I love your card, the flowers are the best.

scrap joanny said...

this is so elegant card - great colors :-) thank so much for playing with lollipopcrafts - hugs Joanna

Sonia said...

Love the colors, absolutely beautiful. Great JOB!~
Thanks for joining us at Lollipop Crafts. GOOD Luck!
-Sony DT
sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

Cyndi said...

So beautiful! Love those flowers! Thanks for joining us at Lollipop Crafts for June!