Friday, June 15, 2012

Release Day

Good morning!  Today's the day for Clear Dollar Stamps June release.  I have a couple of cards to share using 2 different digital sets...so let's get to it!


My first card features the set "Hanging Out", which is illustrated by Lisa Lara.  I loved this set the minute I saw it!  It has an assortment of clothing and fun sentiments; it includes line art as well as a colored version.  I decided to go with a shabby-chic look for this card; I chose an assortment of DP from the Simple Stories "Fabulous" collection...I actually used 7 different DPs!  The tank top is paper pieced and I inked the edges of my papers; for embellishing I used crochet lace, ribbon, and an assortment of goodies.

Image: Clear Dollar Stamps "Hanging Out" Digital Set
Ink: Printer, Palette Burnt Umber
Paper: PTI Fine Linen, Simple Stories "Fabulous" DP
Embellies: Crochet Lace (my stash), PTI Dark Chocolate Twill, PTI Buttons, DMC Floss, Prima Flower, Safety Pin (my stash), and Swarovski Flatback Crystals in "Smokey Topaz"
Extras: Spellbinder's Nestabilities Die, The Paper Studio Sticky Doos


My second card features the set "What a Melon", also illustrated by Lisa Lara.  It includes a variety of melons and sentiments as well, and is perfect for summer!  I went for a more CAS look with this one.  I printed, colored, cut the watermelon out, and then added a bit of glitter to the seeds.  The image panel is popped up and also dry embossed, like the green panel, for a bit of texture.  I like the clean lines of this one.


Here's a close-up showing the glitter and embossed texture.

Image: Clear Dollar Stamps "What a Melon" Digital Set
Ink: Printer, SU! Black Marker
Paper: SU! Melon Mambo, Wild Wasabi, and Basic Black
Embellie: Doodlebug Black Glitter
Extras: Prismas/Goo Gone, Cuttlebug "Forest Branches" Embossing Folder, The Paper Studio Sticky Doos  

I invite you to check out the new goodies at the store...just click here!

Thanks for stopping by!  I'll be back soon with more goodies from this release....

Angela

7 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

I love both of your cards. Great job on designing these. Love the paper piecing on the first card and it is my favorite but love the colors and layout on the watermelon card. Both are beautiful.

Lisa Minckler said...

It's just summer all around here on your blog. Your card designs are GREAT! I love the clothesline and the watermelons. Very creative ideas on both. :)

Sheryl said...

Hi Angela! I love both of these really fun summery cards! The watermelon card is bold and cheerful! Love the color combination!
Your, "Hanging Out" card is PRECIOUS! I love all of the fun paper piecing and the embellishments are super fun and brilliant touches!
I hope that you have a great weekend!
Warmest Hugs, Sheryl

Chris said...

these are super cute! love the clothesline image!!

Cassie said...

These are fantastic, Angela! I love the simplicity of your melon card :D

Amy said...

Both are adorable! Love the wash on the line!

Kathy said...

Both are amazing. I love the vintage feel to the first with the pretty pieced tops, lace and fun embellishments. The second is so crisp and perfect for summer. Love the glitter on the seeds.