Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Ruby's Rainbow: White Plus One Other Color Challenge


Good morning!  I was lucky to be asked to join the Ruby's Rainbow Design Team; today will be my first official challenge!  White plus one other color....

As I was trying to decide what to do, I realized that it would be hard to color an image without using other colors...at least neutrals....  So I opted to go with some paper piecing.  I pulled out one of my favorites to paper piece...the PTI onesie from Bitty Baby Blessings.  I stamped it with Smokey Shadow to get a softer look.  If you look closely, you will see that there's a bit of subtle glitter on the banded edges.  I added a embossed background and a button tied with satin ribbon.  I think I will whip up a few more of these...they would be good to have on hand....

Stamp: PTI Bitty Baby Blessings
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select, SU! Pink Pirouette, PTI Bitty Dot Basics DP
Ink: PTI Smokey Shadow, SU! Going Gray Marker
Embellies: PTI Sweet Blush Button, White Satin Ribbon (my stash), Martha Stewart Crystal Fine Glitter
Extras: Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Dimensionals

I am also entering this card in the following challenges:

Bunny Zoe's Crafts: Celebrations
Craft Your Days Away: Paper Piecing  
Craft Your Passion: Paper Piecing
Fetch a Sketch
Ladybug Crafts Ink: Pink and Girly
Use it Tuesday:  All About Baby (hoarded supply is PTI DP)

I invite you to take a look at the Ruby's Rainbow blog to check out the rest of the DT's creations.  Our challenge will run for the next fortnight and I would love to see your take on the theme....

Thanks for stopping by!

Angela

11 comments:

Basslady said...

hun, this is such a cute and magnificent baby-card! love it!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Amy said...

Oh, WOW! This is so sweet! I love this CAS baby card.

Imke said...

Super sweet baby card, Angela !

Linda Palmer said...

Fabulous baby card. I love all your cards made out of this set, so I bought it. Love how you paper pieced the onsie. This card is beautiful.

Kathy said...

Love the pieced onesie, such a great technique with this stamp. Beautiful pink and white combo, too. Looks so crisp and clean.

Anonymous said...

So cute!!!

Susan said...

Adorable!! I love the addition of the glitter.

Marie said...

Congrats, Angela. Super cute paper pieced card. Beauty in simplicity!

Donelda said...

sweet!! I need a baby card... might just case this :-)

Larissa said...

Congrats on the new DT posiition. Your card is really sweet, love that image and it is so perfect for paperpiecing!

Chris said...

very sweet baby card. love the embossed bg!