Tuesday, February 7, 2012

TMS#132


Good Tuesday morning!  It's time for another fun sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches; today Theresa has done the the honors and our sponsor is Paper Pretties.

We went out of town this past weekend and I had the opportunity to shop at 2 stamping/scrapping stores.  I'm always excited when I get this kind of opportunity because the only stores I have close are big box stores.  So I was like a kid in a candy store!  Even though Valentines is so close and there's not a lot of card making time left, I couldn't resist some of the lovely papers I found.  This line is from Echo Park and is called "Yours Truly".

I stamped my image on CS and DP; then colored the image, cut it out and pieced it.  I like the subtle text in the background.  I added a bit of glitter to the pink hearts.  I also tried something a bit different embellishment-wise.  I love the swirly bling I see used on cards, but don't use it myself so I thought I would give it a go.  I tell you, I had that bling here, there, and everywhere before I was happy with it!  LOL  Good thing it is not overly sticky!

Image: Stampendous
Paper: G.P. 110, SU! Ruby Red and Basic Grey, Echo Park DP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Sakura Black Gel Pen
Embellies: Barbara Trombley's Art Glitter in "Pink Smoothie", Martha Stewart Crystal Fine Glitter, Zva Creative Bling
Extras: Prismas/Goo Gone, Spellbinder's Nestabilities, Dimensionals

You can check out the rest of the DT's creations here; be sure to leave them a little love for their efforts.  Would love to see what you come up with using this fun sketch too!

Thanks for stopping by!

Angela

11 comments:

Doreen said...

A gorgeous card,love the colours.xxx

Linda Palmer said...

Amazing, adorable and fabulous card. I would never have thought to use the red and black for a bee but it is beautiful. This is my favorite card that you have made lately and I've loved them all.

Cheryl said...

Your card is gorgeous, Angela! I adore that red and white floral dp and the image on the text paper is fantastic! Great job with the bling. I have yet to try any of that. It looks so fun.

Marie said...

Lovely card, Angela. Great job with that here, there and everywhere bling. Love that image and the great paper piecing.

Jessica G. said...

Goodness, friend, you really aced this sketch! So adorable -- love the DPs, the bling, the tags, and especially the print behind the image. Awesome card!!

Dawn said...

This is so adorable Angela! Love the black swirly bling! I love the look of bling swirls, but hate spending the money to buy them. Great job!

Melissa Craig said...

That little bee is sooo darn cute, spreading his little heart pollen.

Theresa said...

Angela - this card is just awesome!! I love the flourish and the DPs and what a totally cute cute image. Fabulously done!!

Kathy said...

Angela, this is too cute! Brilliant to stamp on the dsp (never think to do that). Love the image and flourish, great combo for a flying bee. This is my favorite Valentine paper this year. Glad you got to a few stores, sounds like fun!

Chris said...

very cute and i love the image stamped on the text!!

Larissa said...

Oh this one is really lovely! Love the design paper behind the image. Very cute image!!!