Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tuesday Morning Sketches #135


Good morning (again!)  It's time for another fun sketch from the gang at Tuesday Morning Sketches.  I realized St. Patrick's Day is just around the corner, so I thought I should get busy and make some cards.  I used one of my favorite standbys...Changito!

Changito is colored with pencils; his eyes are accented with a black gel pen and I added a touch of glitter to his 4 leaf clover.  I like the contrast of the Kraft and distressed edges with the crisp white of the image panel and the sparkly glitter and dew drops.  I actually did a bit of surgery on my card...when it was done, it just didn't look quite right to me.  I extended the horizontal striped panel...afterwards I thought it looked so much better.  Funny how something so small can make such a difference!  Sometimes you really need to make those small adjustments to make the sketch work....

Image: Stampendous
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select and Kraft, Canvas Corp. DP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Sakura Black Gel Pen
Embellies: Robin's Nest Dew Drops, Martha Stewart Crystal Fine Glitter
Extras: Crayolas/Goo Gone, Corner Chomper, Dimensionals


I am also entering this card in the following challenges:

Fashionable Stamping Challenges: Make it For a Child
House of Gilli: Gilli Goes Green

I hope you will check out the rest of this week's creations...maybe even leave some kind words for the DT's efforts.  I would love to see what you come up with using this sketch....

Thanks for stopping by!

Angela

18 comments:

Marie said...

Another great Changito card, Angela. The striped panel looks lovely extended. Fantastic coloring on that adorable monkey.

Amy said...

Changito gets lucky! Such a cute image. I love the paper crosses in the bg too--very Celtic!

Jessica G. said...

Too cute, Angela! I really like the repeating stripes against the dots and that Changito is perfect for the season! Awesome shading, too!!

Theresa said...

So very cute - love the DP!!

Linda Palmer said...

Soooooo cute! I love it Angela. I've never seen this Changito and love him. Your card, your design and your papers are all beautiful.

Dawn said...

So adorable Angela! Love the green dots and stripes on kraft paper. Changito is adorable too.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

So funny, thanks for the smile on my face. Thanks for joining the FSC challenge this fortnight.

Susan said...

Your character cards always make me smile. This one is so cute and happy! Love the combination of challenges!

Melissa Craig said...

Great card Angela! I love the paper you used. Also love the distressing.

Ann said...

Oh, this is a stunning design! Thanks so much for joining us for the House of Gilli Challenge. :)

Debbie said...

He is too cute!! Love the kraft and green!!!

Cazro said...

Such a cute card, love the papers. thanks for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping. Caz

Yvonne Garner said...

This really is a very cute card. I love the color combination you chose, too. Thanks for joining us at FSC!

Donelda said...

I LOVE this ... the green and kraft look awesome together (like starbucks!!) and the added glitter on the 4 leaf clover is a perfect touch!!

Kathy said...

Somehow I missed this one Angela! I haven't seen this Changito before, he's so cute. Love the kraft and green combo, too.

Larissa said...

Really nice card. I love the glitter on the clover, so sweet.

Unknown said...

Love this one Angela , great blog ,lots of fab creations hugs Elaine

Chris said...

this is adorable!!