Tuesday, February 21, 2012

TMS#134


Good morning!  It's time for another sketch challenge at Tuesday Morning Sketches.  My first instinct was to go with a winter/snowflake theme, but I decided on some bright and cheery papers.  Now this morning, as I look outside, I wonder if I shouldn't have went with snow?  We got some last night, but not enough for a late start at school this morning...much to the kids' dismay!

Fluffles is shaded with a pale gray pencil, but it's hard to see it in the photo.  His eyes are dotted with a black gel pen.  When I was ready to add my embellishments, I remembered the Doodlebug Sugar Coated CS I had in my stash...it matches the DP perfectly!  I used an MFT die to cut the stars.

Image: Stampendous
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select, SU! Pink Passion, Doodlebug Sugar Coated CS, Doodlebug DP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Sakura Black Gel Pen
Extras: Prismas/Creyolas/Goo Gone, MFT Die-namics Star Die, Dimensionals

I hope you will check out the rest of the DT's creations and play along yourself.  I think I may try this sketch out again...using snowflakes!

Thanks for stopping by!

Angela

15 comments:

Shanna Shands said...

This is a fun card. I like the glittery stars.

Amy said...

So funny! Anyone who has ever had a cat can definitely appreciate this. Love the bright, fun, sparkly theme you have going here!

Doreen said...

Love this a great image.xxx

Linda Palmer said...

Angela, darling card. I love Fluffles and love your beautiful design. Fabulous card and papers.

Joanna M. said...

OMgosh, I think I'm going to have to get THIS stamp! Too cute (and sadly, too accurate!)

Jessica G. said...

I think your card is happy, but definitely not in an garish way -- I really like those colors and your DP combo is perfect as always!

Dawn said...

So cute Angela! Love the sparkly stars and the bright fun colors.

Marie said...

Glad you went with the bright cheery colors. Love Fluffles and the sparkly stars make a great embellishment. What a cute card.

Imke said...

Angela, that is a fun birthday card. Fun image and i really like the bright colors and DP.The stars are a great accent.

Donelda said...

What a great card - so bright and cheery! and this was the sentiment I was wanting to use on my "funny" Christmas card but couldn't remember it exactly!!

Chris said...

adorable!!

Maria said...

Sweet bday card filled with bright gorgeous color...love it!!!

Kathy said...

I LOVVVVE this! You know I love those bright colors and the stars are the cutest touch. Fun stamp, too (think I have this one). Great take on the sketch.

Theresa said...

This is just too cute too!! Love the sentiment. Love the polka dots.

Larissa said...

A very nice card! Love the design papers, such nice and bright colours.