Tuesday, February 14, 2012

TMS#133


Good Tuesday morning!  It's time for another fun challenge from Tuesday Morning Sketches; our sketch this week comes from Jessica and it's not only a sketch, but a card with a "scrapling".  I have always wanted to try this, so here was my chance!

First, you trim an A2 card down to a 4 1/4" square...the portion remaining is the "scrapling".  How fun is that?  You can use the scrap to make a tiny little card.  I added a charm that says "I Love You"...this might be a fun one to sneak into one of the kids' backpacks.  Or, as we say at our house "packpack"....  When my daughter was a pre-schooler, she used to call it this and it stuck!

Image: Stampendous
Paper: PTI Vintage Cream, SU! Poppy Parade, Pinecone Press DP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Embellies: SU! Poppy Parade Ribbon, Barbara Trombley's Art Glitter in "Angel Dust", Watch Us Charm
Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Dimensionals 

I hope you will stop over at the Tuesday Morning Sketches blog to check out the rest of the DT's creations. I would love to see you give this fun technique a try too....  This week is a judged challenge and Marie has thrown in the extra challenge of 4-2-1...4 layers, 2 ribbons, and 1 embellishment.  Have fun!

Thanks for stopping by!

Angela

14 comments:

Doreen said...

A fab card love the image.xxx

Jessica G. said...

Adorable Valentine, Angela! The charm on the scrapling is such a perfect embellie -- too cute!!

Kathy said...

Adorable! Love the red and brown papers with Changito. The scrapling is cute, too. I had the same thought of putting it into a backpack or lunch bag.

Linda Palmer said...

Changito is adorable and so it the scrapling. Love the charm on it. Beautiful papers and design. Love everything about this card. Angela, I used the prize kit the other day with the Pig, thanks again for it, loved it. It is somewhere on my blog.

Basslady said...

this is so lovely and sweet!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Marie said...

Monkey from the monkeymama....how cool is that! Love your card and Changito always makes me smile. Great scrapling...I'll have to try this.

Theresa said...

Great card! Love the scraplet and the charm hanging from the bow.

Amy said...

There's that little doll Changito! He looks adorable with his heart pillow and that BG paper.

Dawn said...

So cute Angela! Love the scrapling. That never occurred to me when I saw the sketch. Adorable!

Imke said...

Super, duper cute, Angela ! A wonderful valentine card and i like the little charm on the scrapling.

Melissa Craig said...

Very sweet Angela. Love this little charm on the scrapling.

Donelda said...

This is soooo sweet!!! The paper is a perfect match for the image!!

Chris said...

ahh very cute!!

Larissa said...

Ahh such a sweet card! I have never see this Changito before, he is really adorable! Making a srapling sounds really fun.