Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Make it stop!!...TMS#134...Take #2


Here's my 2nd attempt with Kathleen's Tuesday Morning Sketches sketch.  The snow we had yesterday inspired me to do another winter card....  Actually my kids aren't saying "make it stop"!  My son was saying that he hasn't even gotten to go sledding this winter...if I would have known how the winter would be, I wouldn't have bought him a new pair of snowpants.  Crazy weather...you just never know!

Changito is colored with pencils and accented with glitter.  I used vellum for the corner panels and used snowflake diecuts and silver brads for embellishment.

Image: Stampendous
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select, SU! Night of Navy, Pebbles DP, The Paper Studio Vellum
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Embellies: Barbara Trombley's Art Glitter in "Angel Dust", Spare Parts Brads
Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone, Spellbinders Snowflake Dies, Dimensionals

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Fabulous Friday Challenge: Brads or eyelets
Scrap Creations: Critter
The Crazy Challenge: Use a die or punch
There She Goes: Animal Theme
Tuesday Throwdown: Winter Blues

Thanks for stopping by!

Angela

18 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Great wintertime card...love the sparkle! We got 8" on Sunday and most of it melted a day later...that's how I like it!

Teresa Jaye said...

oh, pretty card! I like the little image - so cute, and the vellum in the corners adds to the snowy effect! Thanks for sharing with us at Frosted Designs!

Linda Palmer said...

It is a darling card. I love how you colored Changito. Beautiful snowflakes and design.

Amy said...

How cute is this! I LOVE the sentiment LOL!

Banu said...

Beautiful card Angela. Loved the sentiment and the coloring on the image. Really neat.

Imke said...

This is really cute. Luckily we don´t have much snow this winter otherwise it would be the right card for me :-)

Donelda said...

you are so funny and this card is so sweet!

Chris said...

very cute, love that image!

Joanna M. said...

Love Changito and I love this card! I never think to use my pencils but I can see that I'm going to have to dig them out again.

Maria said...

Hehehe...love it!!! It's a darling little wintery card! I'd be saying...stop snow, too! But, we've had a very mild winter here...no complaints! Take care!!:-))

Marie said...

Too funny!!! 'Make it stop' but please don't stop using these adorable Changito monkies they are too cute and you make the most adorable cards with them!

Berit Synnøve said...

Great card. Love the colors.
Thanks for joining The Crazy Challenge.
Berit - DT

Kathy said...

Haha, love that sentiment with Changito. Super cute, as usual! Love the vellum panels. We've hardly had any snow this year either.

Cheryl said...

How cute! I love the vellum corners and silver brads and the image is adorable.

Unknown said...

This is great! Love the snow shovel and the vellum. Thanks for joining in on the Tuesday Throwdown this week.

Theresa said...

You've totally captured my sentiment! I am sick of the snow. This is so totally too cute.

Linda Palmer said...

Angela, I left you something on my blog. If you don't want to do it it is okay with me. I'm just passing it on and I kept getting them so thought if I posted it would stop. lol!! I;m never really sure what to do with these.

Larissa said...

Very nice! Love the vellum in the corners and the snowflakes are gorgeous.