Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Creative Card Crew: Masculine


Good morning; it's time for another fun challenge from the Creative Card Crew!  Our sponsor for this fortnight's challenge is Simon Says Stamp and our theme is "masculine".  I have to tell you...this was a hard one for me!  I really don't make masculine cards...I guess they are out of my comfort zone.  I had the hardest time coming up with a plan and then I remembered this wonderful card kit I had received from my Secret Sister Patti; thank you, Patti, you saved the day!

The bear is colored with pencils and I went with a basic layout.  I had originally planned to punch a portion of a circle out of the image panel, but it was so thick that my punch now sticks and it didn't cut all the way through.  So...to cover up the faux pas I added a circle, the corduroy brad (cool!), and a sentiment.  All of the materials used to make this card are SU!.

Image: SU!
Sentiment: SU! Just Believe
Paper: SU! Sahara Sand, Chocolate Chip, and Sage Shadow, SU! Designer Series Paper
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Embellie: SU! Brad
Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Dimensionals

I hope you will head on over to the Creative Card Crew blog to check out the rest of the DT's creations.  Go ahead, dig out your masculine themed supplies and play along!  Why not?  You could win a prize!

Thanks for stopping by!

Angela

6 comments:

Kathy said...

I like this a lot Angela. Fun masculine papers and image. The corduroy button is perfect, too. You really mastered this manly creation, they are always hard for me, too.

Linda Palmer said...

It is an absolutely gorgeous card even if it is masculine and probably shouldn't be described this way. lol!! but, I do love it and am going to case the design of the card.

Marie said...

Super masculine cars. Love the coloring on the bear and the great LO. This year I am determined to make more masculine cards.

Amy said...

Gorgeous masculine card! I love the bear.

Chris said...

nice coloring on your bear!! very nice man-card!

Larissa said...

I think your masculine card turned out really great and you are right: they are so hard to make. But everything is perfect on yours!