Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tuesday Morning Sketches #30: Hello

Good morning! Today my card for you features a digi stamp from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff. This little dragon fly reminds me of spring! We have been under a blizzard warning and experienced some really bad weather, so it's certainly a welcome reminder that good weather is around the corner....

The image is colored with Prismas and embellished with Barbara Trombley's Art Glitter in "Angel Dust". The wings have a gorgeous shimmer! I kept the rest of the card CAS so the focus would remain on the image. It's embellished simply with black Bella Dots and a "HeLLo" cut with my QuicKutz "Metro" dies. I also added a touch of black gel pen on the eyes; a trick I learned from my friend Larissa.

I hope you like it and that it reminds you of spring; please come play along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Image: Lindsay's Stamp Stuff
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select, SU! Basic Black, Marvelous Magenta, Pumpkin Pie, Doodlebug DP
Embellies: Barbara Trombley's Art Glitter in "Angel Dust", Bella Dots
Extras: QuicKutz Metro Dies

Hope you have a super day! Stay warm and safe!

Angela

8 comments:

Jessica G. said...

Great take on this sketch -- I really like how your color blocks pick up the fun colors from the stripes! Awesome glitter on the wings; it looks even more sparkly than Dazzling Diamonds!!

Rebecca said...

It definitely reminds me of spring. And I love the patterned paper matched up with the squares of solid color. Very nice!

Melissa Craig said...

I love this card - clean and simple is good and you colored the dragonfly really well. Love it!!

Banu said...

Angela, Beautiful card and great take on the sketch. I loved the color combination and how you colored the dragonfly :) Awesome.

Amy said...

Oh, wow, this is so pretty! Love the glittery dragonfly wings!

Chris said...

very cute, love the glittered wings!! >"<

Jen said...

The glittery wings are awesome! Very cute card!

Larissa said...

Gorgeous card Angela! Love that sketch and your interpretation of the sketch!