Tuesday, January 19, 2010

TMS#29: Baked with Love!!


Good Tuesday morning! This week Melissa has another sketch for us at Tuesday Morning Sketches. I thought it was really a fun one! As soon as I saw it, I started to imagine what I could put in the little circles.... So many possibilities! I did know that I wanted to do a "rainbow" effect. I decided to go with my little buddy Changito; I think he's just so darn cute!
The cupcakes were stamped, cut out with nesties, colored, and mounted on another nestie before adding just a touch of glitter to the candle flame. I used this Bella BLVD DP, which has become one of my favorites, because of the rainbow of colors it has.
Changito is stamped directly on the PTI Stamper's Select card base and colored. I love using the PTI CS; it has a rich, weighty feel to it and makes a very substantial card base.
I am liking how this card turned out; I like the mix of color, but yet it has some nice white space. Plus, Changito always puts a smile on my face!
Images/Sentiment: Stampendous Changito Baker Clear Set
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select, Dark Chocolate, Bella BLVD DP
Embellie: Doodlebug Glitter
Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Foam Tape
Remember to join us over at Tuesday Morning Sketches; we'd love to have you play along!
Have a goodie!
Angela

8 comments:

Amy said...

So, so cute! What kind of cupcakes is Changito making--banana?

Melissa Craig said...

Such a cute card - he looks so happy!

Rebecca said...

This is awesome. I love the striped paper behind the cupcakes, and the fun colors.

Kathy said...

Adorable, great take on that sketch. Changito always makes me smile, too!

Jessica G. said...

What an awesome take on this sketch, Angela; it's a cupcake lover's heaven! Great coloring technique -- you've really captured those fun colors from the DP!!

Deb (dcorder) said...

OMG - this is so cute!!

Larissa said...

So very cute Angela! Love this Changito and all the cupcakes. Love the rainbow effect you created.

Hugs,
Larissa

Banu said...

Angela, Beautiful card. I am all inspired to create something with this sketch after seeing your card.