Wednesday, January 20, 2010

SSHP14: Snowflakes Gone Wild!!!


I have really been into snowflakes lately, so when I found out that was the challenge at Saturday Spotlight with Hidden Potential this week, I just had to play! I also used a MOJO Monday sketch.


I received this cute Lily image from my friend Jessica and she has been sitting on my table for awhile now.... Just waiting for the right project.... I love the Pink Cat Studio images, but this Lily is just a bit different.... Can you tell what the difference is? She has no culiques! They are tucked inside of her hat! I think she is just the cutest!


I paper pieced Lily's outfit and that was a challenge! It took me a few tries to get the DP lined up "just so".... I think I've got the hang of it now! I added a touch of Martha Stewart Crystal Fine glitter to her hat brim and muff.


To make the snowflake, I used 3 different Spellbinders dies and glittered up the first and third layers and then embellished it with a brad. I used Art Glitter in "Fossil".


Not sure if you can see in the photo or not, but the strip across the top says "Winter Wonderland".


Image: Pink Cat Studio
Paper: SU! Cranberry Crisp, Kelly Panacci DP, KI Memories DP
Embellies: Barbara Trombley's Art Glitter in "Fossil", Martha Stewart Crystal Fine Glitter, Spare Parts Brads
Extras: Prismas/Goo Gone, Spellbinders Dies, Foam Tape

Thanks for stopping by; have a super day!

Angela

10 comments:

Chris said...

this is way cute!! i love the flakes!! >"<

Amy said...

OMgoodness! This is just the cutest thing! I do love that image, exactly because her curls are hidden--it just gives her a more grown-up look LOL!

Jessica G. said...

Perfect paper piecing, Angela! Wonderful array of snowflakes; my favorite is the one-of-a-kind you created with the dies. Great touch of sparkle, too!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a sweet wintery creation Angela!! Love all the snowflakes!! Thanks for joining us at the Sat. Spotlight this week!!

Anonymous said...

Oh how adorable!! I love all the fun sparkle and the snowflake accent!! Too cute!! Thanks for playing along with us at Saturday Spotlight this week!! HUGS :)

Rebecca said...

I have seen some fun fun cards with this sketch! I love the snowflakes, and that image is really cute with the birdy on the end of her scarf.

Maria Matter said...

Angela, this is an adorable image!!! Beautiful card hun!
thanks for playing along with Sat. Spotlight!!
Blessings, Maria

Banu said...

Angela, Beautiful card. Loved the snowflakes and how the card has come together so nicely.

Kathy said...

I love the color combination you used here, it is so soft and pretty. Love the layered snowflake you created, very pretty.

Art Glitter said...

Love it Angela! I put a link up on our wall. Thankyou for spreading the sparkle!

info@artglitter.com
http://www.artglitter.com
http://artglitterblog.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Art-Glitter/330357605104