Saturday, January 23, 2010

Lovestruck: 2 Challenges in 1



Since I was a bit short on time, I was happy to be able to do 2 challenges in 1! Usually for the MOJO Monday sketches I use my Verve stamps, but I thought this sketch would work well for the Valentine card challenge at The Cat's Pajamas too.
These adorable frogs were colored with Prismas and sprayed with a very light spritz of Glimmer Mist, before adding the pretty pink glitter eye shadow (I just couldn't resist!). See close up. Can't you just see that they are "lovestruck"? Indeed!
I used some new Bo Bunny papers; I like that they are distressed looking and I really love the text one. I like the look of mixing the distressed papers with clean lines and bling.
Image/Sentiment: The Cat's Pajamas
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select, Hibiscus Burst, Dark Chocolate, Bo Bunny DP
Embellies: Glimmer Mist in "Pearl", Barbara Trombley's Art Glitter in "Pink Smoothie", SU! Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon, Fancy Pants Designs Stickpin
Extras: Prismas/Goo Gone, Spellbinders Dies, Fiskars 1/16" Round Punch, Foam Tape
Thanks for stopping by; I hope you have a great weekend!
Angela

9 comments:

Amy said...

OMgoodness, this is too cute! I love her glittery pink eyeshadow!

Jessica G. said...

Sooo cute! The combination of DPs is perfect and those frogs are hilarious. Love that glittery eye shadow on Princess Frog!!

Kathy said...

This is the cutest. I love the eyeshadow! That dsp is so pretty, too. I also really like how you used the heart to stamp your main image in, looks great.

Imke said...

Angela, this image is so cute ! I like the colors and the DP. I think the black gives the right touch. Beautiful card .

Consueel said...

What a great card you made...

*Hugs* C.

Rebecca said...

Eek! I can't wait to show this to my daughter. She's very into the Princess and the frog right now, so I think she'll get a kick out of it. I love the pink eyeshadow, and the background papers are so fun.

Deb (dcorder) said...

OMG...so cute! I love the look on the Princess frog's face! LOL!

Art Glitter said...

Really cute! You know where to find it!

info@artglitter.com
http://www.artglitter.com
http://artglitterblog.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Art-Glitter/330357605104

Banu said...

Coloring is just awesome. And that glimmer mist spray was perfect.