Wednesday, January 13, 2010

BSAT8: Yummalicious! Stella Loves Cocoa



Our challenge was three-fold: winter themed, use ink to distress the paper edges and post at SCS what distressing technique was used.
I used the direct to paper and sponging techniques, using SU! Chocolate Chip ink. I tried Close to Cocoa and found it wasn't dark enough. I also distressed the snowflakes before giving them a coating of sparkly goodness; today I used "Angel Dust" by Art Glitter.
Stella is colored with Prismas/Goo Gone; her crown and wand also have a touch of glitter. I chose to stamp the sentiment along the side of the image panel just for something different. Who doesn't think cocoa is "yummalicious"? Especially with marshmallows!
Image/Sentiment: Stamping Bella "Stella Needs Her Fix", "Yummalicious"
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Chocolate Chip
Paper: PTI Vintage Cream, Dark Chocolate, Imaginisce DP
Embellies: Barbara Trombley's Art Glitter "Angel Dust", Making Memories Brads, Doodlebug Glitter
Extras: Prismas/Goo Gone, Spellbinders Snowflake Dies, Foam Tape


Thanks for stopping by today!
Have a goodie!
Angela

10 comments:

Vicki Burns said...

Oh, this is fabulous!!! Love everything about it!!! Great job with the ink distressing. Thanks for playing!

Chris said...

this is super cute! love the dp with the image!!

Pinky said...

What a fun card!! I can't believe that I don't have this Stella image in my collection....I love Stella!!!

Jessica G. said...

The distressed snowflakes are such a great technique! Now they have just the right hint of chocolate to go with this yummy DP and perfect Stella!!

Rebecca said...

I love the distressing. Especially on the snowflakes.

Kathy said...

The distressed snowflakes are beautiful. I just LOVE Stella, and your card is fantastic, love everything about it, from the layout to the colors to the sparkle. A real Wow card!

Susan said...

Oh this is too CUTE!! I love how you can match the dsp to the image and then color it. Makes for a spectacular card!!

Larissa said...

Hi Angela.

Great card with a fun image! That sentiment is also great and perfect with this image.

Art Glitter said...

Thanks for another great card Angela. I just put a link up on our Facebook wall. Thank you for the mention, sparkle on!

info@artglitter.com
http://www.artglitter.com
http://artglitterblog.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Art-Glitter/330357605104

Jen said...

Love the yummalicious! Very cute!