Sunday, January 10, 2010

MOJO120: Hebrews 11:1

I am just squeaking by with this card tonight! Whew! (My brother had asked me for some computer help, which is a bit funny since I am not by any means a whiz! So, I was busy helping him.) This was a great MOJO Monday sketch; I think the layout was perfect for using a sentiment. Julee has some beautiful sentiments over at Verve, along with fabulous images.

I thought of this paper right away when sitting down to make this card. I found it at Stamping Bella and had to have it; funny thing is, I use very little mustard.... There was just something about it.... The patterns are beautiful and a sheet of diecuts was included in the package. I don't really use these, so I was so happy that I thought of using one of them for the sentiment. I did trim it with my Spellbinders after stamping.

I pretty much followed the sketch, including the embellishments. I wanted to let the paper and Bible verse shine. It is embellished simply with some satin ribbon and Swarovski crystals.

Sentiment: Verve
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: SU! Basic Gray, Basic Black, So Saffron, My Mind's Eye DP
Embellies: Black Satin Ribbon, Black Swarovski Flatback Crystals
Extras: Spellbinders, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Foam Tape

Thanks for stopping by!

Angela

11 comments:

savvy teaching tips said...

Great card. If you like challenge blogs why don't you try out a new challenge blog. www.stampinroyalty.blogspot.com

Creative Heart Designs said...

This card is so attractive. Love the colors, patterns and the image. Very nice job.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Lovely patterns and colors.

Amy said...

Very lovely! The sentiment is beautiful, and with that paper, an image would be overkill.

Banu said...

Great take on the Mojo Monday Sketch...Loved the paper..and the sentiment is perfect.

Chris said...

gorgeius!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

What a classy looking card. Thanks for playing! :)

Susan said...

You rocked the sketch!! I skipped it altogether because it looked too difficult for my pea brain. ;)

Jen said...

I love this card! It's beautiful!

Patti said...

Beautiful! I would never have thought to put those colors together, but they are gorgeous. Love how you interpreted the sketch, too!

Jessica G. said...

Very elegant; I need to remember to stamp directly on DP because it's a stunning effect!