Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!!!


Here's my entry for this week's TCP Tuesday challenge. The challenge was to make something "new". It could be a New Year's card, use new stamps, layout, etc. I decided I would go with a New Year's card, using paper and stamps that I havn't used before, so I guess they are "new" too!

This Heidi Grace DP was in a card kit I received in a swap; I really liked it, so when I saw a pack of the paper on sale at JoAnns I bought it...a long time ago! I hadn't opened the pack until today and I really like the papers; I think they are my new favorites! I was able to use 5 of the DPs on this card.

I stamped 2 extra balloons, paper pieced them and added them to the image. I also added some M.S. glitter to the hat, horn, and champagne bubbles. I also used some gorgeous black satin ribbon I found in my stash and some black Swarovski flatback crystals. I used the "Metro" QuicKutz alphabet for the numbers.

Image: The Cat's Pajamas "You Say it's Your Birthday", SU! "A Brand New Year"
Paper: PTI Aqua Mist, True Black, G.P. White, Heidi Grace "Reagan's Closet" DP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Sharpie Black Finepoint
Embellies: Martha Stewart Crystal Fine Glitter, Swarovski Black Flatback Crystals, Black Satin Ribbon
Extras: Crayola Colored Pencils/Goo Gone, QuicKutz "Metro" Numbers, Foam Tape

Happy New Year to you; may 2010 be your best year ever!

Angela

4 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, this is so adorable! Love the glittery penguin and the paper pieced balloons!

Chris said...

this is such a cute, cute card!! love the penguin! >"<

Jessica G. said...

Adorable! Awesome DP and the balloons are perfect for paper piecing. Wonderful sentiment block for the theme, too.

Happy 2010!!

Susan said...

Such a cute card! I love that DP!