Saturday, January 9, 2010

ICCJAN10: Have you been naughty or nice?


I like to play the PTI swaps over on SCS; it's a great group of ladies and the cards always rock!
A lot of the group are really into scrapbooking, so Banu set up a blog to post scrapbooking and cardmaking challenges. Check it out here: Inspired Crafters. This is yesterday's card sketch; we were to make a Christmas card. I like the idea of making them throughout the year, so when Christmas rolls around I'll have a good selection to choose from.
I bought this Doodlebug paper and didn't get a chance to use it this past season, so I was glad to use some today. The red is flocked, so it has a really nice texture! I considered mounting it on red, but decided against it....
The chick is colored with Prismas/Goo Gone and the hat is embellished with glitter; it is super sparkly in real life! Barbara Trombley's Art Glitter really rocks; if you get the chance to, give it a try....
The sentiment is from Pink Cat Studio; I think it's kind of sassy!
Image: Stampendous Calendar Chicks
Sentiment: Pink Cat Studio
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select, Pure Poppy, Doodlebug DP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, PTI Pure Poppy
Embellies: PTI Pure Poppy Twill, Barbara Trombley's Art Glitter in Angel Dust
Extras: Prismas/Goo Gone, Spellbinders, Foam Tape
Thanks for stopping by!
Angela

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

So perfect! I love that dp, it is so festive! I like the main panel mounted on the white, with the image stamped in red. I like the shading you did under the little guy's feet. Very cool!

Larissa said...

Oh what a cutie! Love that little chickie and great designpaper. Great card!

Anonymous said...

That is one cute chick! Love the paper too! Awesome job with the sketch!

Susan said...

Oh I love, love, love this card!! Great image, great dsp, great sentiment. Great everything!!

Art Glitter said...

This is great! I'm going to post it on our Facebook wall now!!!

info@artglitter.com
http://www.artglitter.com
http://artglitterblog.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Art-Glitter/330357605104