Tuesday, October 11, 2011

TMS#115: Inspiration Challenge, Plus Pink

Good morning! It's time for another fun challenge from Tuesday Morning Sketches. Today it is an inspiration challenge and our sponsor is Sassy Studio Designs (love their images!) When I saw the tote bag, I thought of a gorgeous floral/strip DP combo in my stash and knew it would be perfect. However, when I received my image I had to make a new plan...my autumn DP just didn't jive with the winter theme! So, I had a winter image, an autumn tote bag, and I had to add pink to the mix.... Hmmm.... This is what I came up with....

The elements I took from the photo were the touch of brown and the square shape of the tote bag. I have had this October Afternoon paper in my stash and knew it would be perfect...I love pink for a winter card...nice and quirky!

The image is colored with pencils and I added a bit of subtle glitter to the fur on Honey's outfit. I did a bit of sponging and diecutting, added some Baker's Twine and Bella Dots and called it good. I think Honey is gorgeous and she was really fun to color; here's a close-up of her pretty face. Love her eyes!

Image: Studio Sassy Designs Digital Stamp
Ink: Pallette Burnt Umber
Paper: PTI Vintage Cream and Dark Chocolate, SU! Melon Mambo, October Afternoon DP, The Paper Studio Vellum
Embellies: Martha Stewart Crystal Fine Glitter, Bella Dots in "Chocolate", PTI Baker's Twine in "Chocolate"
Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone, Spellbinder's Dies, The Paper Studio Sticky Doos

I used the sketch from Card Patterns, but I flipped it. Did you notice that I switched up the panels? By mistake! The upper left section should be the smallest one; when I flipped the pieces over to tape them together I must have forgot to reverse them. It turned out okay though...I think the big, pink snowflake looks good on the cream background.

You can check out the rest of the DT's cards here. Now it's your turn! I would love to see what you come up with using the inspiration photo and the color pink....

Thanks for stopping by!

Angela

***I just realized I did a major faux pas and didn't use our TMS sketch! Didn't realize there was one until I read Melissa's blogpost from today.... My bad....

9 comments:

Amy said...

You rocked this challenge Angela! Love your coloring and the glitter, and the snowflake is really cool.

Jessica G. said...

Sweet card, Angela, and your shading on this gal is awesome! Fun sketch, too!!

Linda Palmer said...

I love the sketch you used, love your coloring on the darling image and love your card. It is beautiful..

Marie said...

Angela, I love how you adjusted your main plan! This card is fantastic. Love the snowflake continuity throughout the card. You're right...beautiful eyes...highlighted with FAB glitter.

Melissa Craig said...

The card is very sweet Angela. I love the snowflake and glitter.

Dawn said...

So cute Angela! Love the sketch anyway!

Kathy said...

This is so pretty Angela! Love the glitter on the trim and your coloring is beautiful. The pink and brown are a great combo for a Christmas/winter card, love it!

Donelda said...

you were right, that pink dp was perfect!! love all that glittery goodness too!

Theresa said...

What a darling image and I love the DPs.