Friday, October 21, 2011

For The Mom-To-Be....

Good Friday morning! I was asked to make a card for a baby shower...the mom-to-be is expecting twins! I made 3 cards total; will share the others later. With my first card, I wanted to focus on the mom-to-be. I thought of this cute A Muse stamp that is perfect for paper piecing. I paired it with some DP I've had in my stash for a long time (love the pretty paisley!), added some punched flowers and Swarovski crystals to give it a bit of extra sparkle. Inside the card is a white panel that reads:

Expecting JOY...
...TWIN boys!

Image: A Muse
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select and Dark Chocolate, The Paper Studio DP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Black Marker
Embellies: Swarovski Flatback Crystals
Extras: EK Success Flower Punches

I'm entering my card in this challenge: Ruby's Rainbow: Cute and Cuddly

Thanks for stopping by today; enjoy your weekend!

Angela

8 comments:

Basslady said...

wow! such a striking and delicious card!

love the image, the colour-combo and the style of your creation!

thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Linda Palmer said...

Angela, this is a precious card. I love everything you did to it and with it. Blue, my favorite color. Of course I love it.

Donelda said...

heheh, love that image!! and a great color combo ... turquoise seems to be one of my favs these days!!

Jacq said...

Hi there,
Oh this is just Fabulous!!! Love the image you've used, the dp's, the colour scheme is gorgeous. Love the layout and the embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Ruby's Rainbow and Good Luck. Hope to see you joining us again.
Hugs Jacqui xxx

Imke said...

Angela, what a beautiful card. I like the colors and the paper pieced dress.

Amanda said...

I don't think I've ever seen a baby shower card before - what a lovely idea.

Thanks for joining in at Ruby's Rainbow.

Amanda

Chris said...

fabulous! cute image!

Larissa said...

Gorgeous card. Love the colours you used.