Friday, October 14, 2011

Stella and Her Broomstick

Good morning and "Happy Friday"...Bellarific Friday, that is! The challenge for this week was Halloween, so I decided to go with Stella. This cute stamp was sitting in my stash uninked, so she needed a bit of love....

Stella is colored with pencils and accented with glitter...of course, I didn't forget her lipstick; I am thinking she loves it as much as I do! LOL I'm really not sure why I came up with the crazy idea to cut her out, but as soon as I started I was doubting my judgement...it took me forever! I used a bunch of diecuts and some Swarovski flatbacks to finish the card.

Image: Stamping Bella "Stella and Her Broomstick"
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select, True Black, and Plum Pudding, SU! Pumpkin Pie, We R Memory Keepers DP, The Paper Studio Black Glitter Paper
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Sakura Black Gel Pen
Embellies: Doodlebug Glitter, Swarovski Flatback Crystals in "Light Amethyst"
Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone, Spellbinder's Nestabilities, MFT Die-namics Cloud Die, MFT Felt, Martha Stewart Bat Punch

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Simon Says....: Halloween/Goth
Creative Card Crew: Spooky Fun

Thanks for stopping by today!

Angela

11 comments:

Margaret said...

Great card! This kind of spooky works for me!
Thanks for joining us at the Creative card Crew for this challenge
Margaret :o)

Kathy said...

BOO-utiful! Love the lipstick on her, I never go without mine. Fun layout and combo of diecuts, too. She is adorable! Stella always makes me smile!

paper fun said...

Angela, Your card is super cute, as is all of your work.

I checked through your blog and could not find an e-mail address. I would love to add you to our team.

You can contact me at: mariharpham@hotmail.com

Mari
Creative Card Crew Owner

Linda Palmer said...

Wow!! I love it. Love the way you embellished this card too! Great image, great card.

Donelda said...

this card is so great! I adore all your halloween 'fun' cards!!

Anonymous said...

LOL - again with the laughter. I just think your cards are made with joy - that must be the reason they always make me smile! Super card Angela and thanks for the giggle :)

Imke said...

Angela, this is gorgeous !! Beautiful DP and great layout. Love all the little bats and the clouds.

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Angela, Stella looks so cute with her lippy on and I love the little scene you've created.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our Halloween / Goth challenge
hugs Mandy xx

Amy said...

This is just too cute! Love all the dimension!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Well she looks much more comfty on a cloud rather than a broom! :) Thanks for playing in the DCC Challenge with Repeat Impressions!

Chris said...

omg too freaking cute~love the image cut out!!