Saturday, October 8, 2011

More Halloween....

Good morning! I have been in a bit of a creative funk lately...I just havn't felt like stamping. I play around on the computer looking for ideas and sit at my table, but I just don't get anything accomplished. When I saw this cute card of Wanda's, I just knew I had to play along with the challenge. I even used the same sketch she did.... I also loved the way Kathleen placed her bats on this card, so I had to give that a try too.... Thanks for the inspiration ladies!

I used my My Mind's Eye Mischievous paper pad...love that paper! I love how they added a subtle touch of blue...so unexpected! I took my cue from the paper and colored Fluffles orange and accented her hat with blue. I used a liberal dose of glitter...let's just face it...glitter makes me feel good! LOL I don't mind the mess and I didn't even care when I looked down and my lap was covered with it.... I also used a lot of diecuts on this card...Spellbinder's, Martha Stewart, MFT Die-namics...I like that they are fast and easy. I felt like I needed a bit more blue to pull everything together with the blue card base, so I added a few Swarovski flatbacks.

Here's a close up of the diecuts and yummy glitter.

Image: Stampendous "Fluffles Broomstick"
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Sakura Black Gel Pen
Paper: PTI Vintage Cream, SU! Baja Breeze and Tangerine Tango, My Mind's Eye DP, The Paper Studio Black Glitter CS
Embellies: Barbara Trombley's Art Glitter in "Angel Dust", Swarovski Flatback Crystals in "Aquamarine"
Extras: Prismas/Goo Gone, Spellbinder's Nestabilities, Martha Stewart Bat Punch, MFT Die-namics Cloud Dies, The Paper Studio Sticky Doos

I am entering this card in Raise the Bar's Challenge #78 which is "Furry Friends". I have had this Fluffles stamp sitting on the table for quite some time and knew right away it would be perfect!
2 Sisters - #60 Halloween
Challenge Up Your Life - #54 Halloween
Secret Crafter - #155 Anything goes as long as it sparkles

Thanks for stopping by!

Angela

12 comments:

Larissa said...

Another great card my friend! I can't see that you have problems with your mojo! Love all the details, like the black glitter bats. That design paper is really cute and I also love the little bit of blue in it.

Saskia said...

Great, 'spooky' card! :)

Jen said...

Hi Angela! Just stopping by to say hello and glad to see you are still making fabulously cute cards! Hope all is well!

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Thanks for joining our "Anything goes as long as it sparkles" challenge this week on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

Hugs Jane x

Chris said...

very very cute!! love the bats and the lo!!

Amy said...

This card is cute as can be! I love the surprised look on the cat's face, the glitter, die cuts and bling. Very nice!

Wanda Cullen said...

Angela, I'd say you have LOADS of mojo 'cause this is another adorable Halloween card (you have the cutest images)! I know what you mean, though...I feel like I'm brain dead sometimes and blank out with ideas. It does help to browse other blogs/galleries for inspiration!

Donelda said...

This is so adorable! These images are so sweet!! I love the bats over the moon and the splash of sparkle is perfect!!

downrightcrafty said...

Gorgeous sparkly creation and love the color choice, thank you for sharing your lovely work with us at The Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge this week.
hugs Kate xx
PS I have some new candy if you are interested:)

Linda Palmer said...

I love the paper you used on the background for this card. Great card, so cute and a great use of dies. Wow!! so cute!!

Kathy said...

So cute! I love the bit of blue in the dsp too, and how you tied the blue in with the trail and hat, looks great! This is a fantastic card, you have the knack for combining dies, they flow so well. I really love this adorable card!

Andie's Space said...

How cute! Love the fab image. Your card looks fantastic. Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafters this week.
Hugs,
Andie xx