Sunday, September 15, 2013

'tis the season


Hello!  I made this card for From the Heart Stamp's DT tryout.  I love the images and have a couple of stamping friends on the DT, so I thought I'd give it a whirl!

I am using Holly Jolly Christmas (it comes with sentiments too)...love those Birdbrains!  LOL  The image is colored with pencils and I've used a black gel pen on her eyes along with some glittery "eyeshadow"...there's a touch of glitter on the star too.  I wanted to keep the layout simple to keep the focus on the image, so I pieced together a background and tied on some red ribbon.

Image: FTHS Holly Jolly Christmas
Ink: Printer, Sakura Black Gel Pen
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select and Pure Poppy, SU! Bermuda Bay, My Mind's Eye "12 Days of Christmas" DP
Embellies: Art Glitter in "Polar Bear", PTI Pure Poppy Grosgrain Ribbon
Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone, Spellbinder's Nestabilities, The Paper Studio Sticky Doos

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

ABC Challenges: V for Very Cute
Christmas Stampin' All Year Long: Cute and Cuddly Christmas
Come and Get It Challenges: Focal Image on the Side of Card/Project
Cute Card Thursday: Hip to be Square
That Craft Place: Things With Wings

Thanks for stopping by...wish me luck!

Angela

15 comments:

Imke said...

Angela, you used a stamp from my favorite series ! The non traditional colors is great. Your coloring awesome- love the chick in RED !

Thanks for enter the DT Call at FTHS and good Luck !!

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the image and fab papers.xxx

Kathy said...

LOL, I love this little birdbrain, so cute and funny. Beautiful coloring and love the pieced background.

Carol Willis said...

Oh my! What a fabulous image Angela. Totally in love with this card.
Hugs
Caz x

Jessi Fogan said...

Birdbrains...lol! Love this fun image :)

Linda Palmer said...

So cute Angela. I love what you did with the background. Good Luck! Hoping you get the job. I love your designs.

CanadianScraps43 said...

Wow your card is outstanding. From all the layering, to design and coloring of image. Your eye for detail is splendid and really makes this creation a show stopper. Just love everything about it sweetie. It was great working with you at Clear Dollar Stamps and love the idea that we will be together again over at Doodle Pantry. Yay!! Can't wait to see what else you come up with sweetie. Big Hugs.

Heather said...

Very cute! An adorable image and the glitter "eye-shadow" is too fun! Love your papers. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

Fabiola said...

thanks to join the fun with us at CSAYL Angela with your cute and so sweet card, really pretty, hope to see you next week, biz

* Shell B.* said...

What a fun image Angela, lovely design!

Wonderful use of our challenge, at Come And Get It!....good luck
¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
Shell in Alaska (DT)
http://akstamping.blogspot.com

Patty Sue 2 said...

I just had to smile when I saw your card. It is so fun and cute! Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge. Good luck and I hope you will join us again!

Jenny said...

Eine tolle Karte mit einem witzigen Motiv. Danke für deine Teilnahme bei CSAYL.LG Jenny

Mojca said...

What a wonderful image. Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge. Hugs! Mojca

Jools Robertson said...

Thank you for taking part in That Craft Place Challenge. Your project is wonderful, love the image and colours
Good luck and we would love to see you again hugs Jools :)

Kezzy said...

Wow super gorgeous fun card, I love the bird, he really is cute. Thanks for joining us at That Craft Place Challenge Blog :-) Kezzy xxx