Saturday, September 7, 2013

Sweet 16


Good morning!  I have a card to share and some exciting news...for the month of September I am Bugaboo Stamps Biggest Fan and will get to play along with their challenges!  How cool is that?  It's no secret that I am a huge fan, so I can't tell you how excited I was to get the email.

This is for the "Anything Goes" challenge.  I made this for one of my daughter's besties; I thought it was appropriate since my daughter has been doing a cupcake fundraiser this year.  She has 53 cupcakes on her menu and I tell you, we are knee deep in cupcakes...yummy!

"Girl Cupcakes" is colored with pencils and I've added some subtle glitter to the brown areas...I see the camera angle didn't capture it well though.  I've had these cupcake papers in my stash for years...love them!  I pieced together some of the coordinating papers for a fun backdrop for the "16".  For embellishing, I've used a bit of ribbon and some Swarovski Flatbacks.

Image: Bugaboo Stamps
Ink: Printer
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select and Dark Chocolate, SU! Cool Caribbean, Carta Bella DP
Embellies: SU! Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon, Swarovski Flatback Crystals in "Smokey Topaz", Martha Stewart Crystal Fine Glitter
Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone, Spellbinder's Nestabilities, The Paper Studio Sticky Doos

You can check out the challenge details here; if you play along, you could win some Bugaboo images!

I am also entering my card in the following challenges:

Creative Belli Challenge: Number
Die Cut Divas: Celebrate (+dies) 
Papercraft Star: Inspiration Photo (cupcakes, blue)
Stampin' Royalty: Patterned Paper

Thank you for stopping by!

Angela

12 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the image and lovely design.xxx

Linda Palmer said...

Fabulous card, so fun! Love the sketch or layout, love the colors, love everything about it!

Imke said...

This is amazing, Angela ! Perfect paper and image.

savvy teaching tips said...

Beautiful work. Great use of the patterned paper. I'm so glad you joined us at Stampin' Royalty this week!

Ros Crawford said...

What a wonderful birthday card this is ... Many thanks for playing along at Papercraft Star!

Jessi Fogan said...

CONGRATS!! That is a great fun thing, Angela :)
Love this card - and it couldn't be more perfect! Also, 53 kinds? WOW!

Arlene said...

Bugaboo Stamps are a favorite of mine too. You've put the fun in this image, for sure!

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our month long Celebrate challenge.

Sue Lelli said...

Angela, LOVE the BG paper with the cupcakes and your image is so Perfect for this challenge! CUTE card! THX for playing with us at Papercraft Star!

Sleepy Stamper said...

Oh my goodness this is cupcake heaven! Love the image and how you've paired it with the patterned paper! Thank you for joining us this week over at the Papercraft Star.
Anitra

Dawn T said...

A very "Sweet" card Angela. Perfect for our challenge over at Die Cut Divas. So glad you joined us.

Kathy said...

Congrats Angela! How awesome! Love this card, perfect for Ivy or any of her friends. Holy moly, 53 flavors! Wish I lived close, I would be a regular customer!

Pajalu said...

This is such a fun & cute card. I'm sure your dd's bestie will love it. Congratulations on being Bugaboo Stamps Biggest Fan. Don't they have the best stuff! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Die Cut Divas.