Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Team Spirit


Good morning!  We have a new challenge for you over at Ruby's Rainbow; for this fortnight I picked the challenge and it is "Team Spirit".  That's right, show us your sport related cards and projects!

I decided to make a card for my daughter, who plays volleyball.  I used the MFT "Jersey" Stamp/Die-namics set.  I die cut the jersey, then stamped her number and the sentiment.  The card was looking a bit masculine, so I added a scalloped border to the main panel and some glitter to the jersey.  Do you think a 15 year old who doesn't think she should shave her legs because "boys don't" will appreciate the glitter?  I'm not so sure and yes, I did remind her that she is not a boy!  LOL  To finish it off, I added some cute ribbon from my stash.

Stamp Set: MFT Jersey
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select and True Black, PTI DP
Embellies: Art Glitter in "Polar Bear", Ribbon Trends Satin Ribbon
Extras: MFT Jersey Die-namics, Spellbinder's Nestabilities, The Paper Studio Sticky Doos

I hope you will check out the rest of the creations from the team...they have done an awesome job with this challenge!

I am also entering this card in the following challenges:

A Die For a Sketch: Sketch
Charisma Cardz: Your Number's Up
Creatalicious Challenges: School Time
Oldie But a Goodie Challenge: Dies and Punches (PTI DP, volleyball themed ribbon)

Thanks for stopping by!

Angela

12 comments:

Basslady said...

a totally cool and striking card, hun!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the design and colours you have used.xxx

Linda Palmer said...

Love this card Angela. Love the jersey with glitter, and all the extras you've added. Ivy will love it I'm sure.

Nancy said...

Great card, Angela! I really like that jersey set! I'm so glad you joined us at A Die for a Sketch! :o)

Vee said...

Fab male card I love the ribbon. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Sarahshandmadecardsx said...

A great card and design.

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week and good luck.

Hugs Sarahxx

Kelly said...

Nice jersey! Great papers and design. Than you for joining us at A Die For A Sketch.
Hugs Kelly

Embellishments said...

Ooh I love your card, the colors and jersey... cute ribbon with the soccer image :-) Thanks for joining us at A Die for A Sketch :-)
~Steff~

Marilyn said...

Great card, design and layout. Love that ribbon which is perfect on here.
A Die For A Sketch

Unknown said...

Hi Angela! Love this card and the way you used the sketch! THanks for joining us at a Die for a Sketch! Willie

Dips said...

What an absolutely gorgeous card, great use of dies. Thank you so much for entering my challenge theme on an Oldie But A Goodie, and good luck!

chanya13 said...

Beautiful card!!! Love colours combo and dies. Thank you for joining us at A Die For A Sketch. Hugs Agnieszka