Sunday, September 22, 2013

Black Hat Society


I'm back with Bugaboo's new Stella Says Sketch sketch challenge.  It's a fun one this week...you could go clean and simple or dress it up fancy...or somewhere in between!  Here is the new sketch:


I love making Halloween cards and went with Margaret; she is colored with pencils and accented with lots of glitter...star, cape, buckles.  I've done a bit of distressing to the papers and added lots of die cuts...the sentiment makes me laugh!

Image/Sentiment: Bugaboo Stamps
Ink: Printer
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select and True Black, SU! Baja Breeze and Crushed Curry, My Mind's Eye DP, The Paper Studio Black Glitter DP
Embellies: Martha Stewart "Crystal Fine" and "Sterling" Glitters, Doodlebug Glitter (yellow)
Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone, Spellbinder's Nestabilities, MFT Die-namics "Cloud" and "Chevron Stripes" Dies, Martha Stewart Bat Punch, MFT Black Licorice Felt, The Paper Studio Sticky Doos

You can check out the challenge and gain a bit of inspiration here.  Why not give the sketch a try?

I am entering my card in the following challenges:

Crafting For All Seasons: Make it Funny
Creative Corner Challenges: Halloween
Cut it Up: Going in Circles
Hiding in My Craft Room: Lots of Layers
Oldie But a Goodie Challenge: Dies and Punches (DP, bat punch)
Papertake Weekly: Make it Sparkle
Sisterhood of Crafters: Devine Digis
Tuesday Throwdown: Things With Wings

Thank you for stopping by!

Angela

19 comments:

Kim said...

fabulous stella card! love it
Kim x

Sarah said...

Great card and the sentiment's hilarious. thanks for sharing at Oldie but a goodie and good Luck.
Sarah

Kathy said...

LOL, this is such a hoot. Love this image and the sentiment too. Great coloring and love the combo of die cuts.

Dawn said...

Lol! I love your card! Thanks for making it funny with us at Crafting For All Seasons this time!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Crafting Vicky said...

That is such a fun card!!! Love the take on the sketch!

Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

NanaConnie said...

Margaret is one if my favorite Bugaboo characters, and I love that sentiment! How wonderful that you chose to play along in our "Things with Wings" challenge at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Thank you. I hope we'll see you again soon.
NanaConnie DT

Linda Palmer said...

Angela, I love this image. It is the first time I've seen her and she is so fun, especially the sentiment. I love this card, great use of dies and felt.

Jessi Fogan said...

I love those sparkly bats! And omg, that sentiment...just fabulous :)

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

I love your card, Angela! I would never have thought to cut clouds out of black paper, but it really makes a statement and adds to the theme of the card. And who doesn't love Stella?

Thanks for linking to Cut it Up Challenges Going in Circles Challenge!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Imke said...

Fun card, Angela. Great colors and DP too.

Micki said...

lol, this immediately got a laugh. LOVE it. They have the best sentiments and images, don't they! Thanks so much for playing along with us in The Sisterhood of Crafters in our "Devine Digi's" challenge.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a fun card, love Halloween cards too. Thanks for playing at PtW. I have some candy on offer

designermc said...

Great card and the black hat society. Love your coloring and card design. Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Corner Challenges.
Nancy, DT

Sue said...

Fabulous card, I love the fun image and brilliant detailing
Thank you for taking part in the Papertake Weekly Challenge.
Sue xx

Migdalia said...

Adorable image! Such a SUPER and Fun card!
Thank you for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges.
Please stop by my blog for the Trendy Twine Giveaway!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

Cindy said...

Cute card! Love that image and the sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us on the Cut It Up Challenge blog :-)

June Houck said...

Angela, this may be Stella at her best! Terrific Halloween card. Thanks for entering your spookalicious project at Cut It Up :)

Dips said...

What an absolutely fun card, great use of dies. Thank you so much for entering my challenge theme on an Oldie But A Goodie, and good luck!

Jenscrapstoo said...

Such a fun card, love the design!! Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
Cheers Jennie DTM
Jenscrapstoo