Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Baby Boy Onesie


Good morning!  I am running a bit behind with my Ruby's Rainbow post today.  (Is anybody else running behind?  This is always such a busy time of year!)  Anyway...back to the challenge....  Debbie has chosen our challenge for this fortnight and it is...shaped cards!  What a fun idea...the possibilities are endless!

I decided to make a baby card; I used the onesie die from the PTI Shape Ups series.  It turned out to be a quick and easy way to create a shaped card:

1. Simply diecut the card base (there is a dotted line on the die to show where the fold should be placed).
2. Diecut the full onesie to adhere to the base.
3. Embellish as desired.

I let the cute DP do the work for me and embellished simply with a snippet of ribbon, and a button.  At the bottom I used small punched circles to resemble snaps.  I layered 2 punches together to create dimension.

***I thought the die was fun and easy, but I did run into a small snag....  I wanted to flip the card base so that the "ugly" side would be towards the DP and not be seen.  I don't know about you, but my Cuttlebug plates get really scarred and all those marks are transferred to the back of my diecuts.  I found that the die is not symmetrical on each side, so I couldn't line up the cardbase and the top layer if the base was flipped.  I hope I am making sense...LOL.  It must be my OCD coming into play...I like my cards neat and tidy...front and back!

Paper: G.P. 110, Doodlebug DP
Embellies: PTI Button/DMC Floss, White Grosgrain Ribbon
Extras: PTI Shape Ups Onesie Die, EK Success Round Punch

I hope you will check out the rest of the DT's creations.  What will you make?

I am also entering my card in the Craft Room Challenge: Punches and Diecuts.

Thanks for stopping by!

Angela

18 comments:

Doreen said...

Love this gorgeous card,fab design.xxx

Basslady said...

hun, this is so super-cute and delightful! the dp looks fabulous!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Kathy said...

This is darling. I've been eyeing that die, may need to go order it. Love the print you've used and the fun button/ribbon trim.

Tammy E. said...

Awww . . . adorable!

Melissa Craig said...

What a cute card! What a great die and super cute onesie.

Lisa Lara said...

This is the cutest onesie card I have EVER seen Angela.

Chris said...

very very cute card! seriously i have a thing for onsies, even after all these years~!

Linda Palmer said...

Darling card Angela. Yes, I am way behind. I love all your baby cards.

Jessi Fogan said...

This is SO cute! I love that adorable paper - I have the matching stickers ;)
My plates get really scarred too - especially now that our Walmart stopped carrying them! If I have to drive an hour to replace them, and I was already slow at buying new ones....yep, you can imagine :)

Imke said...

Super cute baby onsie. The DP is very sweet.

Mervi said...

Beautiful card, lovely paper!
Thank you for sharing at Craft-Room Diecuts and punches Challenge,
good luck;-))m

Debbie said...

This is really cute!!!

Debbie said...

Really cute shaped card dearie.Love it.Hugs Debbie x

Debi said...

such a great baby card!!! thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room challenge, Debi x

Silke Ledlow said...

Tooooo stinkin' cute Angela! The onesie is awesome!

Chris said...

this is adorable!! love the print for the onesie!

i borrowed my friend's die to maker these for the shelter. >"<

Amy said...

This is just too precious! Love that paper. Weird that their die is not symmetrical...

Larissa said...

This is such a cute card. Love the very cute paper. The embellishments are perfect.