Monday, June 6, 2011

MFTWSC22: Cesare Pavese

Hello! I just had to give the MFT sketch another try.... I switched gears this time and went for a bit of a shabby-chic look. This DP from 7 Gypsies is one of my favorites; love the versatility of all the colors. I used vellum panels so you could still see the pattern; the corners are held in place with crystals which also frame the sentiment panel.

Here's a detail shot with the flower. I was thinking a had a leafy vine die, but I guess I don't. Anyway I found this leaf die while looking through my PTI dies. It's a bit different from the one I usually use, so it was fun for a change of pace.

Do you see how you can see the DP through the ribbon? I fixed that by cutting a strip of yellow paper just a hair narrower than the ribbon and adhered it first. It's an easy trick, try it!

Sentiment: MFT Clearly Sentimental About Parents
Ink: PTI Smokey Shadow
Paper: PTI Smokey Shadow, 7 Gypsies DP, The Paper Studio Vellum
Embellies: PTI Lemon Tart Satin Ribbon, Gray Grosgrain Ribbon (my stash), Swarovski Flatback Crystals in "Black Diamond"
Extras: Spellbinder's Nestabilities, MFT Die-namics Rolled Rose and Scalloped Border Dies, MFT Felt (green), PTI Leaf Die, PTI Raspberry Fizz Felt

That's all for now; enjoy your Monday!

Angela

4 comments:

Saskia said...

Beautiful card, so elegant! :)

Linda Palmer said...

Absolutely Beautiful!

Chris said...

very pretty!!

Amy said...

This is so lovely--you pulled this style off really well!