Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Corrosive Challenge: Birthday Card


Hello! Our challenge this week was to make a birthday card in honor of Janet's birthday. I used this week's sketch from SCS and an adorable Calendar Chick from Stampendous. Doesn't she just look like she's having a ball? I love that she's not shy about having her share of cake...that's my kind of girl!
The chick image is colored with pencils and accented with glitter. I used Martha Stewart's Crystal Fine Glitter on the bright pink icing; it has a very subtle shimmer and reminds me of granulated sugar. I used a bit of Barbara Trombley's Art Glitter on the party hat; it is super sparkley!
I just received my Spellbinders Big Scalloped Square dies in the mail, so I used them to cut the Melon Mambo layers. I like the looks of the larger scallops; what do you think?
Image: Stampendous Calendar Chick
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select, SU! Melon Mambo, g.c.d studios DP
Embellies: Martha Stewart Crystal Fine Glitter, Barbara Trombley's Art Glitter in "Polar Bear"
Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Foam Tape
I hope you'll have a chance to stop by The Corrosive Challenge Blog to check out the DT's creations and to wish Janet a "Happy Birthday"! Links are in my sidebar.
Thanks for stopping by today; enjoy your Sunday!
Angela

7 comments:

Imke said...

Your chicks are always cute, Angela. I like the layout and Melon Mambo-wow what a great color. Can´t wait to get my order from SU. Hugs

Amy said...

LOL! That's me! I love cake--and it's birthday season at our house! Gorgeous card, I love the colors and the layout.

Jen said...

Adorable! Love the square card and the scalloped edges on the little squares!

Banu said...

WOW...this card is so cute Angela. Loved it.

Larissa said...

So cute! Love the image and the dp is sooooooo cute!

Rebecca said...

I do love those scallop edges. And I love the melon mambo color. It's awesome! I could use some cake today!

Kathy said...

This is adorable, Everything really pops on the white background. Your coloring looks fantastic. I really like the big scallops, I might need to order those, LOL!