Friday, May 21, 2010

CAS Graduation


Good Friday morning! It is wet and drizzly here today; I am really hoping it will clear up for the weekend as it is graduation. Our colors are gold and black; our mascot is a lion. Since I didn't have a lion (with cap and scroll) stamp, I decided to go with this cute little Stampendous Calendar Chick.
The chick is colored with pencils, cut out with nesties and mounted on the new large scallop circle. The card is very simply embellished; I just paper pierced a line, used my Scor-Pal to add a couple of lines, and finished it off with some brads. (I actually use this technique a lot...it's fast and easy!)
Image: Stampendous Calendar Chick
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select and Pure Black, SU! Summer Sun
Embellie: Spare Parts Brads
Extras: Prismas/Goo Gone, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Tim Holtz Piercing Ruler, Scor-Pal, Foam Tape
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you have a good one!
Angela

7 comments:

Larissa said...

Great card Angela! Love the little chickie!

Chris said...

love this, it's crazy cute!

Imke said...

Angela this is just great. Love the colors and the little chick.

Amy said...

Love this bright happy card! The little chick looks so happy to be graduating.

Jessica G. said...

Fun, cheery, and just plain adorable graduation card! Perfect CAS style and love how you created it based on the school colors!!

Rebecca said...

I love the bright colors. And that's a fun graduation stamp. Our weather here is yucky, yet again, and I'm ready for sunshine!!!

Banu said...

Angela, catching up on your cards. This one is just superb. Neat and clean..really cool