Saturday, May 1, 2010

Happy Birthday Miss Boo!


Hello! Today I have a clean and simple (CAS) card to share. The CAS challenge this Monday on SCS was to make a birthday card and to use orange. It was in honor of Miss Boo, who hosts the CAS challenges every week.

I decided to play up the dots---hat, piercing, ribbon. This card was super easy to put together.... First I stamped and colored the image, cut it out with Nestabilites, layered it with a scalloped diecut, and added a bit of glitter to the dots. Next I pierced 2 lines, added the ribbon, and last adhered the image with foam tape. Easy as pie!

Image: Stampendous Calendar Chick
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select, SU! Pumpkin Pie
Embellies: Doodlebug Glitter, American Crafts Ribbon
Extras: Crayolas, Tim Holtz Piercing Ruler, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Foam Tape

I'm just wondering, what kind of card do you prefer? CAS, elaborate, or somewhere in between?

Thanks for stopping by; I hope you have a great day!

Angela

9 comments:

Jessica G. said...

Perfect CAS, Angela! Along with being bright and happy which is just what a birthday card should be!!

I enjoy all styles of cards, but CAS tends to make me the most content with my creations; they just seem to be so fresh!

Amy said...

So cute! You know orange is my fave color! I love this CAS sketch, and your little chick is colored so well!

Imke said...

Great CAS Sketch Angela. Cute little chick !

Unknown said...

Hi, nice card, and the chick stamp is really cute xxx Thanks for your comment on my blog.

Jen said...

Very cute clean and simple...just the way I like it!

Banu said...

OMG!! This is so neat. Loved the colors you have used. Way too cute.

Larissa said...

Such a fun card! Love the cute little chickie and the paperpiecing is awesome.

Rebecca said...

I prefer making CAS cards, but I love looking at all kinds! And your paper piercing on this is fantastic. It always gives a CAS card some extra oomph!

Kathy said...

This is great Angela, love orange, and this is so festive. Great job with the CAS challenge. I like all types of cards, don't really have a signature style or favorite.