Monday, May 3, 2010

Tiddly Inks Challenge #2: Mother's Day


Hello! I see I am just scraping by here...entries for this challenge need to be uploaded in roughly 3 1/2 hours! Good grief; why am I always running so behind?!
The theme for the challenge was to make a Mother's Day card. I chose this cute image because I thought what Mom wouldn't like getting flowers? The image is colored with pencils and as usual I have applied a liberal dose of glitter to the wings. I applied a finer glitter to the centers of the flowers and to her little blue shoes. In real life this little gal really shimmers and sparkles!
I used a sketch I saw on Mercy's blog; I tell you she really makes adorable cards and uses the neatest sketches! You'll have to check them out....
Image: Tiddly Inks Digi Stamp
Paper: G.P. 110, PTI Dark Chocolate, SU! Bashful Blue, The Paper Studio DP
Embellies: PTI Dark Chocolate Satin Ribbon, Barbara Trombley's Art Glitter in "Angel Dust", Martha Stewart Crystal Fine Glitter
Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Foam Tape
You can check out the other entries in for this challenge on the Tiddly Inks blog. I believe they will announce a new challenge tomorrow and there is even a blog hop coming up. I hope I have time to make something to participate....
Well that's all I have for today, but I will be back tomorrow with my Tuesday Morning Sketches card. It was a bit of a long day at work today; we had our first day training the staff for a major computer upgrade to be installed in June. It's always good to get that first day out of the way.... Now I can just relax tonight and watch Dancing With The Stars!
Thanks for stopping by; have a great evening!
Angela

10 comments:

Unknown said...

very pretty, love all of the blue and brown!!!
Trish

Amy said...

Aww, this is adorable! Love that image and the soft sweet color combo!

Anonymous said...

This is totally sweet! I just love that image and your layout is perfect!

Lissa said...

This is so cute! I love your color scheme! I'm kind of a sucker for turquoise... ;)

Thanks for joining us this week for our 2nd Tiddly Inks Challenge... I hope to see you again next week!
HUGS!

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohhh look how SWEET!!

Larissa said...

Ah so sweet! I think this image is perfect for mother's day. I love the colors you used and the bow is so lovely! Thanks for joining my friend and I hope you will play with buggy blog hop! :)

Rebecca said...

The glittered wings make it fabulous! And I love this brown and blue paper together. Great color combo.

Silli said...

Your card is so cute, love the image and the colors... HUGS

Kathy said...

What a darling little image. Love all the sparkle, too. Really cute card.

Banu said...

Very very sweet card. Super cute