Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Bella Graduation Card/Gift Box



Happy Wednesday! It is another cold, rainy day here in Iowa. I don't think I have ever had the furnace running in May before....
Today I have a non-traditional graduation card to show you. My former boss asked me to make a card for her daughter's graduation from medical school. I made 3 cards so she would have a choice. (DH just called to tell me to put my car in the garage becaue golf ball sized hail is coming our way. Ack!) Anyway, this is the first. I wanted to make something special for this young lady. She has done some remarkable things in her life; like traveling to third world countries to help those less fortunate. She has set high goals and wants to make a difference in the world.
I did just a bit of coloring, as I paper pieced Bella's outfit. I added a couple of black lines on her feet so I could "make" shoes. For embellishments, I made a tag, tied it and the "2010" charm together, and attached it under the knotted ribbon. I also made a simple box to present the card in. I used PTI Stamper's Select, so it's light but sturdy, and my Scor-Pal. I coordinated it with the DP and added her monogram. Inside, the bottom of the box is lined with white felt.
Image/Sentiment: Stamping Bella
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select, SU! Melon Mambo, g.c.d studios DP
Embellies: Watch Us Pewter Charm, White Grosgrain Ribbon (my stash)
Extras: Prismas/Goo Gone, Scor-Pal, Spellbinders Nestabilities, QuicKutz Blossom Alphabet, DMC White Floss, Foam Tape
Thanks for stopping by today!
Angela

5 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my goodness, this is so cute! I love her paper pieced gown. Too fun.

Susan said...

Such a gorgeous card for a wonderful lady! I absolutely love your paper piecing!!

Imke said...

Angela, this is really cute . I like the paper pieced dress. The paper is great.

Chris said...

so cute, love the charm!

Rebecca said...

I love that you added the charm. And the paper pierced card is fantastic! Our heater is still on some nights, too, and I'm kind of sick of it ;)