Tuesday, May 11, 2010

It's Tuesday Morning Sketch Time!


Good Tuesday morning! It's time for another one of Melissa's sketches. Our sponsor this week is There She Goes; I don't have any of their stamps, but I checked out their site and they have cute stuff! I went with Stella instead....
Stella is colored with pencils, then cut and mounted with Spellbinders Nestabilities. I used the new large scallops for both the image and the sentiment. I added a bit of yellow glitter to her crown and wand, then dotted her eyes with a black gel pen. I thought the DP was kind of funky and went with Stella's quirky style. I finished off the card with some Kaisercraft self adhesive rhinestones. (I'm thinking of doing a comparison between the Swarovski flatback crystals and these.)
Image/Sentiment: Stamping Bella
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select, SU! Gable Green and Melon Mambo, Adornit by Carolee's Creations DP
Embellies: Kaisercraft Self Adhesive Rhinestones, Doodlebug Glitter
Extras: Prismas/Goo Gone, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Sakura Black Gel Pen
I hope you will check out the DT's creations over on the Tuesday Morning Sketches blog. You can also check out the DT's individual blogs via the links in my sidebar. I'd love to see you play along this week!
Well, that's it for me today...I'm off to work! Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your day!
Angela

10 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, this cracks me up! Love the image and the sentiment--great card, Angela!

Anonymous said...

I love it! The layout and the dp are just meant to be together. Awesome card Angela - thanks for the smile this morning.

Jessica G. said...

Hilarious image and sentiment combo! Awesome idea to rotate the DP for the band accent; it coordinates, yet still stands out. Fun, fun card!!

Banu said...

Angela, this card turned out just great. WOW. very neat. I hopefully can play this week.

Kathy said...

Stella always makes me smile! Love the fun dsp and wonderful coloring of Stella, great card. Love how you turned the dsp sideways for the band, very clever. After seeing you and Jessica do such fabulous things with this sketch, think I'll have to give it a try.

Larissa said...

Such a great card! Love the image and the sentiment is really funny! Great sketch, I will have to try to use it this week.

PS. congrats on winning the Tiddly Inks fabric challenge! :) WOOT WOOT :)

Gabby said...

Awesome card Angela!

Melissa Craig said...

This is such a fun card Angela! I love the paper and you can't go wrong with Stella!

Chris said...

omg, so cute!! love that image!!

Susan said...

Great sketch. I love the image you used!! That sentiment is so funny!!!