Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Corrosive Challenge


Hello! Our challenge this week is a sketch provided by Joan. It was a fun one; it gave me the opportunity to use some pretty springy DPs by Making Memories. Lily and her turtle friend are colored with Prismas; they look like they are taking a nice, leisurely stroll.... I used Nestabilities to cut the circle embellishments and carried out the circular theme by embellishing with some chocolate Bella Dots.
Image: Pink Cat Studio
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI Vintage Cream and Dark Chocolate, Making Memories "Whimsey" DP
Embellies: Bella Dots
Extras: Prismas/Goo Gone, Sakura Black Glaze Pen, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Foam Tape
I hope you will stop over at the Corrosive Challenge Blog to see the DT's creations. There are also links in my sidebar to their individual blogs. I hope you'll take the Corrosive Challenge so I can see what you come up with!
If you are a mother, Happy Mother's Day! If not, I hope you can spend some quality time with your mother or grandmother. (DD is making a maple walnut Butter Braid for our breakfast; doesn't that sound yummy?!)
Have a great Sunday; thanks for stopping by!
Angela

7 comments:

Imke said...

Happy Mother´s Day ! Cute image and great sketch. I like the friendly colors of the DP.

Amy said...

This is one of my fave Lily images--I love turtles! I love the way you've dressed up your card with all the fun papers too.

Kathy said...

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day Angela. Maple walnut butter braid sounds delish! So sweet of your DD. This card is so sweet and springy, really cute. I forgot all about this stamp, I need to get it out and ink it up. Thanks for the inspiration.

Banu said...

Beautiful card. Loved it. I really liked how you used the patterned papers. This is a nice sketch.

Rebecca said...

I love these patterned papers!!! The green and pink checks are awesome! Cute sketch, too!

Larissa said...

Such a lovely card! I love all the dp's you used.

Susan said...

What you did with that sketch is amazing!!! I love how the circles go so perfectly with the dsp. Cute image too!