Monday, January 12, 2015

ABC


Hello!  Monday means "Anything But a Card" at Catch the Bug and I've got a fun, simple project to share!  ABC is always a challenge for me...I was leaning towards a Valentine's project (it will be here before we know it!) and remembered the embellished  Hershey Nuggets/tins.  I knew I had some tins in my stash...but where?  After tearing apart a closet, I checked my stash in the basement and found a few of them.  Voila!  Do any of you do that?  You know you have something, but just can't remember where....  LOL  I will say that I did find a few interesting crafty items in my closet....

I've colored the cheeky sock monkey with pencils and dotted they eyes with a black gel pen.  The balloon is covered with some subtle glitter.  The Nuggets are wrapped with strips of patterned paper and secured with a tiny piece of double stick tape so they won't slide around in the tin.  I contemplated adding some red ribbon and brads to the belly band/ image combo, but I liked it better plain.  Sometimes less is more....

Image: Bugaboo Sock Monkey Love-Heart Balloon Digital Image
Ink: Printer, Sakura Black Gel Pen
Paper: G.P. 110, PTI Pure Poppy, Canvas Corp. Patterned Paper
Embellie: Martha Crystal Fine Glitter
Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Tin (PTI), Foam Tape

Please check out the rest of the DT's creations here...hopefully you will see something to inspire you to step out of your comfort zone!  You can find a bunch of adorable Valentine images here...check them out to spark your creativity.

Challenges entered:

Clear it Out: Anything Goes/Anything Goes (stash item-tin)
Creative Corner Challenges: Love is in the Air
Cute as a Button: Romance
Opus Gluei: Anything But a Card
Pile It On: Something Edible 
Top Tip Tuesday: CAS
***Here's my tip: Use a tiny piece of double stick tape, on the bottom of each Nugget, to secure them to the tin.

Thank you for stopping by!

Angela

7 comments:

Elizabeth Hart said...

Wow - what a cool idea and some very cute treats for someone. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Pile it On challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Elaine Stark said...

A great idea and look terrific too. A good tip also. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Theng Creation said...

So cute <3
Hugs from Therese Creative Corner DT

Francesca Lopez said...

Love the idea and colors. Thanks so much for playing along with the Cute As Button Challenge Blog! Please join us again.

Electra said...

This is so much fun! I love sock monkeys and I love what you have done with this! Thanks for joining us at Opus Gluei for our AG challenge!

Larissa said...

What a very lovely project. I so wish we would sell those lovely tins with chocolates here in the Netherlands. You have so much cute stuff that you can use for little presents. :)

Crafting Vicky said...

This is totally awesome!!! Love this great make. Fabulous job.

Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Top Tip Tuesday. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky. I’m doing a giveaway