Monday, September 1, 2014

Summer Kisses



Good morning!  We have a new challenge for you from Flat Friends...we would like you to use an uncolored image...what a fun twist!


Since it's Labor Day and we are saying goodbye to summer, I chose Em's image Summer Kisses...I love her glasses and floppy hat!  Since the image is black and white, I thought I would play with texture.  I've used textured vellum, dry embossing, grosgrain ribbon, and just a touch of glitter on the hearts.  I printed the image multiple times to achieve the dark outline, then popped it up on the card.

Image: Flat Friends 'Summer Kisses' Digital Image
Ink: Printer
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select and Vellum
Embellies: Art Glitter in "Angel Dust", White Grosgrain Ribbon (stash)
Extras: Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Foam Tape

This will be our last challenge at the Flat Friends blog.  I thought this image was the perfect "goodbye" and "thank you" to Em...she has been a doll to work for and I have loved being on her team.  Thank you for having me, Em!  I hope you will play along with our last challenge...we'd love to see what you create with an uncolored image!

Challenges entered:

Crafting For All Seasons: Monochromatic
Papertake Weekly: Sketchie Free for All
Southern Girls: It's All About Texture
We Do Doobadoo: Texture

Thank you for stopping by!

Angela

7 comments:

Imke said...

Wow, this looks fabulous !!

Claire said...

Fab card, love the way you've used all the texture with the line art! Thanks for joining our Textures challenge at http://wedodoobadoo.blogspot.co.uk/
Claire xx

Unknown said...

This is such a stunning card - I just love everything about it - the design, embossing, glitter, and bow - understated and beautiful :-) I'm going to miss working with you so much - thank you for being such an amazing part of the team - I was very lucky to have you. Lots of love, Em xxxx

Milnie said...

It must have been such a challenge to use an uncolored image, but you nailed it; well done!

Thanks for joining us at Crafting For All Seasons.

Hugs,
Milnie DT

Tina said...

i love this card with the fab image now on my wish list! Thank you for joining us at ting for all Seasons. Hugs Tina (DT) xx

Jessi Fogan said...

White on white is always classy - and you made it fun too! I love the texture & the different shades of white you've used.

Karen Oliver said...

Oh so simple yet oh so elegant. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls.