Saturday, June 26, 2010

Verve Release Challenge Cards


Hello! Today I thought I would share the Verve cards I made for the release challenges. There were a total of 5 challenges and you had different sketches you could choose from for each one. Since I LOVE a sketch challenge, I knew I had to play along when I came across the thread on SCS. I had a great time playing, even though I wasn't lucky enough to win new stamps.... Maybe next time!

Challenge #1 I tried to keep it casual; I did a lot of sponging instead of matting the layers. The surfboards are cut out and popped up; I glued the DP to CS so it would be a bit sturdier. I finished it off with some Bella Dots.

Image/Sentiment: Verve "Relax"
Ink: Palette Burnt Umber
Paper: PTI Kraft, Making Memories "Great Escape" DP
Embellie: Bella Dots
Extra: EK Success 3D Dots

Challenge #2 I used some really pretty shimmer paper for this one, but it's hard to see it in the photo. The snowman is colored, cut out, and popped up.

Image: Verve "Snow Wonderful"

Sentiment: Verve "Ornamental Christmas"

Ink:Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select, SU! Soft Sky and Garden Green, Reminisce DP
Embellie: Sky Satin Ribbon (my stash)
Extras: Prismas/Goo Gone, Spellbinders Nestabilities, EK Success 3D Dots

(I have no idea why the spacing is so wonky...I can't fix it for some reason!)


Challenge #3 I love making baby cards so this was a fun one! I experimented using a different DP for the small squares, but decided I liked it best using the same DP. There's a bit of glitter on the bunny's beads, too.

Image: Verve "Practically Perfect
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select, SU! Regal Rose, DCWV DP
Embellie: SU! Rose Grosgrain Ribbon, Barbara Trombley's Art Glitter in "Pink Smoothie"
Extras: Prismas/Goo Gone, Spellbinders Nestabilities, EK Success 3D Dots


Challenge #4 I worked and worked on this one...I just couldn't get it right! Finally I walked away and had better luck later. The butterfly wings are raised a bit for dimension, and I added some half pearls to finish it off.

Sentiment: Verve "Hebrews 11:1"
Image: Verve "Enjoy"
Ink: Palette Burnt Umber
Paper: PTI Vintage Cream, SU! So Saffron, My Mind's Eye DP
Embellie: Hero Arts Half Pearls
Extra: Spellbinders Nestabilities


Challenge #5 I found this DP on a recent shopping trip and I just love the colors! The butterfly was cut out before applying glitter to it's body and around the wings, and the wings are raised a bit for dimension.

Image/Sentiment: Verve "Beautiful Kindness"
Ink: SU! Night of Navy
Paper: PTI Stampers Select, SU! Rose Red and Lavendar Lace, American Crafts DP
Embellie: Barbara Trombley's Art Glitter in "Angel Dust"
Extra: Spellbinders Nestabilities

Well, I hope you enjoyed my very LONG post; I tried to vary the style and size of the cards just to keep it fresh and interesting!

Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy your weekend!

Angela

7 comments:

Jessica G. said...

Wow, Angela, you really have been busy creating! Your muse must have been working overtime because these cards are amazing. All are unique with fun DP combos and perfect images -- awesome job on the sketches, too!!

Amy said...

WOW! Angela, you have been a busy little bee! I love all of these but esp. the first one...I got that set and have yet to play with it--shame on me!

Imke said...

Angela, all the cards are very pretty. Lovely DP for the cards and the layouts are great. Beautiful work !

Chris said...

theseare all amazing!! i love the butterfly one with the pearls the best!

Art Glitter said...

You have been so busy! I put a link on our FaceBook Fan Club
info@artglitter.com
http://www.artglitter.com
http://artglitterblog.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Art-Glitter/330357605104
Thanks Angela!

Larissa said...

Wow 5 cards! That is so much. I love all the cards but I think the babycard is the cutest! Great dp and such a sweet bunny.

Banu said...

Angela, I loved all these cards that you made for the VERVE challenge. I had seen them on SCS before, but it was good to see them together. :) Awesome.