Thursday, March 17, 2011

SC324: Life is a Journey, Not a Destination

Good morning and "Happy St. Patrick's Day"! My card today has just a bit of green, so all is well! Yesterday my daughter was talking about wearing green so she wouldn't get pinched.... Next thing I know, she shows me her lovely green manicure! Only it wasn't nail polish, but green Silly Putty...oh my!

On to the crafty stuff.... Yesterday I made time to play the SCS sketch challenge. It was a fairly easy sketch which showed a flower embellishment. At first all I could think of to use was a flower, but then I thought of the MFT kite die. As I was getting that out, I noticed the cloud die and went from there. The DP used for the kite is by Cosmo Cricket and was sent to me in a birthday package from my friend Patti; thank you Patti, Cosmo Cricket paper rocks! The sentiment is from PTI. For being such a simple card, it took me awhile to put it all together. I did have fun moving the elements around before I glued them down. I do like how this card turned out, so maybe I am coming out of my funk! Yay!

Sentiment: PTI "Year of Flowers: Gladiolus"
Ink: SU! Real Red
Embellies: PTI Felt and Baker's Twine
Extras: MFT Kite and Cloud Dies, EK Success 3D Dots

That's all I have for today; thanks for stopping by!

Angela

5 comments:

Imke said...

This is such a wonderful card, Angela. I like the kite, your layout and the fresh colors !

Chris said...

this is so cute!! love that kite!~

Deb (dcorder) said...

Adorable!!

Susanne said...

Angela---Love the Kite card...very clever...stripes, clouds...adorable! :)

Kathy said...

Angela, this is great! I love that paper, so pretty. And the kite is perfect, I looked at that sketch and moved right on (stumped). Love how you worked it. The felt clouds are beautiful, too. Hmm, think I'm going to go order the kite die, lol! Great inspiration!