Thursday, September 30, 2010

Just a bit of organization....

Good morning! Earlier this week I received a package which I had been waiting for over 2 months.... I had previously bought the one and only Quickutz Magnetic Storage Book at Hobby Lobby to store my Spellbinder's Nestability dies in. I loved it so I ordered 10 more! I have been doing a lot of organizing of my craft items lately and was really exited to get more of these binders. This photo shows my shelf "before"; my Spellbinder's dies are in the 2 plastic boxes.

This photo shows how messy the inside of the boxes can get. The dies get loose and aren't readily available when I want to use them. I had tried the CD cases with magnetic strips, but the magnetic strip was always coming loose; when I would open the box, the dies weren't where they were supposed to be.

Here's a photo of the binder.

Here's a photo of the binder filled with the Spellbinder's dies. Depending on the size of the dies, I was usually able to get between 4-8 sets in one binder.

This photo shows the full binders on my shelf. Note the small amount of space it takes to store the dies! I was able to put additional items on the shelf. The best part is that when I open the binders, the dies are where they are supposed to be!
Thanks for stopping by today! I am hoping to find some time this afternoon to get crafty.... How about you?
Angela


6 comments:

Kathy said...

That is so cool, those nesties are hard to store, this looks ideal. Thanks for sharing!

Amy said...

Very nice! I have one binder, that I've been using to store my PTI/MFT dies in. Alas I'm still using the less-than-satisfactory magnetic strip in CD cases for my Nesties!

Banu said...

Hi Angela, Awesome storage idea and great post. I am like Amy, still using the old magnetic strip inside a CD Case storage system. But I get frustrated as well when the dies move around and I cannot figure out which two I want to use. Plus I cannot fit the longer ones in the CD. Plus now I have all the PTI Dies thrown in a plastic box :( I might go with this solution as well.

Jessica G. said...

Looks great, Angela! I love those Sterilite shoe boxes and your binder seems like an amazing tool. Want to come help me sort out my disaster area ;) ??

Imke said...

Great organizing Angela and the Spellbinder Case is great.

Deb (dcorder) said...

Fabulous! Organization is my hardest thing!! :D