Monday, July 2, 2012

CAS Stars and Stripes


Good morning!  I was digging around in the basement for a stencil and found this fun Stampendous stamp instead; I abandoned my original idea and thought I better get busy with this instead as the 4th is just around the corner!

I simply stamped my image, colored it with pencils, added some CS strips, and finished with glitter.  As I was finishing up, I had a few ideas for improvements, but I was out of time....  LOL  Isn't that the way it usually works?!

Image: Stampendous
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select, Doodlebug Sugar Coated CS
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Embellie: Barbara Trombley's Art Glitter in "Angel Dust"
Extras: Prismas/Goo Gone

I am also entering my card in the following challenges:

2 Sisters Challenge Blog: Red, White, and Blue (option glitter or bling) 
Cute Card Thursday: Patriotic
Incy Wincy Designs: Patriotism (USA)
Just Us Girls: Stars and Sparkle
Love to Create: Stars and Stripes
Made Especially for You: 4th of July, plus Bling
Make it Monday: Anything Goes
Opus Gluei: Patriotic
Stampin' With the Dragon: Red, White, and Blue
Stamptacular Sunday: Red, White, and Blue With a Little Sparkle Too

Thanks for stopping by; have a great Monday!

Angela

22 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE this card, it is so crisp and the glitter stripes are so fab. cute image too! thanks for sharing with us at MEFY!

Doreen said...

A fabulous CAS card.xxx

Sheryl said...

This card is perfect!
I hope that you have a great day, Angela!
Warmest Hugs, Sheryl

Wendy L said...

Great design. Thanks for joining in at Love to Create Challenge. Wendy DT

Imke said...

Angela, it´s a fabulous CAS card. Love the glitter stripes !

Chrissy said...

Fabulous CAS card Angela..very effective.

Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

Luv CHRISSYxx

Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

Heide said...

Love the CAS look of this cute card. What a fun image. Saw you on MIM and came to take a closer look.
Hugs, Heide (#49)

Linda Palmer said...

Angela, this is a fabulous CAS card. I absolutely love it. Wish I could do it..beautiful design.

Debbie said...

Very cute card!!

lynne said...

Hi Angela,
I just wanted to say thanks for lovely comment you left on my blog.
I love your card. I am just hopeless at CAS..before i know it i am off adding flowers, gems, backing papers leaving it way to busy for a CAS style card!lol
Hope your have a lovely day!
Hugs
Lynne xx

Suzanne said...

clean and simple loving it, thank you for joining us at stamptacular this week

Chris said...

wow! this is amazing!! love the stripes!

Deanne Saunders said...

That is one cool card!!! Thanks for joining us at Love to Create Challenge!
~DEANNE~

Pia S said...

What a fab clean design! Love it!

Jacqueline Smith said...

Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at Stamping with the Dragons!

Maria said...

Cute images and great sparkle! Thanks for playing along with JUGS this week.

Maria said...

Cute images and great sparkle! Thanks for playing along with JUGS this week.

Karen said...

I love this card... diffidently CAS. Thank for for sharing it with us at Made Especially for You.

Debra Pate said...

Awesome card. Love the glitter of the stripes. I saw this on Make it Monday.

Hugs,
Debra Pate
Fabulously Creative
http://debrapate.blogspot.com

Crafty and Green said...

Simply Adorable! Thanks for playing with us this week at Love to Create! Please Come Back & Play with us again really soon!

Many Blessings,
Tina

Arcy Scraps said...

I just love the CAS look. You did a fabulous job! Thank you for joining us at Made Especially for You this past week!
♥ Cyndy

Rosemary said...

I am always in awe when I see something so absolutely perfect like this and it's so CAS but powerful. This really works and doesn't need a thing. I wish I could do CAS well but I do mess it up.

Thank you so much for participating with us at Opus Gluei on our challenge. Really terrific and I hope you come back to play with us again!