Monday, August 15, 2011

CAS Tulips

Good Monday morning! I hope you had a terrific weekend!

Today I have a card to share that I made for a challenge with some SCS buddies. We all used the same image and our challenge was to do something different than your usual style. I went with clean and simple...it really was fun to do something different for a change of pace!

The flowers are colored with pencils, the edges of the panel are inked with an ink pad and last I spritzed the panel with my SU! spritzing tool (it's kind of fun...insert marker and squeeze the bulb!). I kept it simple with kraft CS, some ribbon and a button.

I have a question for you.... Do you used naked buttons or tie them off with thread or twine? Just curious....

Image: The Stamp Barn
Paper: SU! Whisper White, PTI Kraft
Ink: Tsukineko Graphite Black, Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Black Marker
Embellies: Black/White Gingham Ribbon (Hobby Lobby), PTI Button, DMC Floss
Extras: Prismas/Goo Gone, SU! Color Spritzer Tool

That's all for today; tomorrow I'll be back with a fun challenge from Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Thanks for stopping by!

Angela

5 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

Love your beautiful tulips. Love my spritzer too. Guess I need to find it. lol! Love your card on Kraft. I think it(buttons) looks fine either way but I usually put twine or floss in mine.

Kathy said...

Pretty! Love the purple tulips you've colored. Kraft cardstock and gingham ribbon are a wonderful combo. Really beautiful CAS card. Hmmm, need to look for my color spritzer, forgot how much fun it is to use, lol!

For buttons, always threaded with something for me. I don't like them naked, lol!

Imke said...

Love the purple tulips, Angela. The black edges looks great. I use both versions of buttons. Sometimes with twine sometimes without.

Donelda said...

Yeah! Love your tulips!! And I especilly like how you added the spritzing!! I like buttons with thread or twine but sometimes I am just too lazy to do it and keep them naked!! I am a really lazy crafter!! LOL!!!!!

Chris said...

very pretty! love the simplicity!