Good morning! This week our challenge for the Corrosive Challenge Blog is texture. I had a plan and at the last minute decided I didn't like it, so I scrapped it and came up with this. Hmmm, zebra and a red rose? Yes, it's a bit unique but I like how it turned out!
I used a QuicKutz embossing folder to give the red panel a bit of subtle texture. I had the zebra DP already laying on my table from another project...I thought "Why not?" The rose was purchased at Hobby Lobby; I found it with the Valentine goodies. There were 4 in the package; 2 large, and 2 small. This is actually one of the small ones. I ended up turning the petals downwards and using my hot glue gun to hold them in place; the larger petals stayed fine on their own, but the smaller the petals got, the more stubborn they became! Isn't hot glue wonderful? I place a Bella Dot in the middle of the rose. (DD informed me she liked the card, all except for that!)
Sentiment: SU! Mixed Greetings
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select, SU! Real Red and Basic Black, The Paper Studio DP
Embellies: Bella Dots, Felt Rose from Hobby Lobby
Extras: Hot Glue Gun
Tips and Tricks:
I have found that it is easier to place a small dot of glue on the paper instead of on my Bella Dots. Today I dropped a dot and it made a mess on my paper...then I was trying to use my glue eraser to clean the mess up...it was difficult because the dot was stuck to my finger! Also, just a tiny dab of glue will do the trick. If you put too much, it oozes out the sides when you press it into place. I like to use either Crystal Effects or Mono Multi (green lid).
I hope you will have time to hop on over to the Corrosive Challenge Blog to see the DT's creations and maybe play along yourself.... I would love to see what you come up with!
Have a great Sunday!