Saturday, December 26, 2009

Smells like cake....


I was in the mood to create something non-Christmas and remembered this fun sketch. It is from The Cat's Pajamas Tuesday Challenge, dated 12-15-09. See here. I love this Bella Blvd. DP; it has such a wonderful variety of colors and today I choose to bring out the orange. I used SU! Pumpkin Pie CS and grosgrain ribbon, and some sparkly Bella Dots. I also added some Martha Stewart Crystal Fine Glitter which has a great subtle sparkle; it kind of looks like granulated sugar. Just for fun, I finished it off with a candle! The adorable penguins are from TCP "Smells like Cake" clear set and are stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Crayola colored pencils (a long-standing favorite of mine!). What do you think? Can you smell the cake?!

6 comments:

Melissa Craig said...

Isn't this the cutest card!! Congratulations on your new blog!

Larissa said...

Very cute Angela! Great designpaper and very lovely image. The candle you added is such a great idea!

Susan said...

Love this card! The layout is great and the colors so vibrant. That candle is such a GREAT idea!!! I love it and will be stealing it promptly. ;)

Amy said...

What an adorable card! Welcome to the blogging world!

Rebecca said...

I know you didn't intend this to be Christmassy, but we watched the Madagascar Penguin's Christmas Caper, and when I saw that penguin, that's all I could think of! Super cute card, love the dp, and the candle to finish it all off! Have fun in blog-land!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! Love the bright colors and the birthday candle is an awesome touch!