Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Think Cocoa! (and some fun news....)


Good Tuesday morning! Are you all keeping warm? I don't even want to know the temp. outside, but I'm thinking a cup of hot cocoa would be pretty good right now!
Today's card uses Melissa's sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches. It was a fun sketch; I will have to say it was a bit of a challenge though.... I really loved the DP and didn't want to cover it up, but had to add the smaller panels . Then I thought of vellum and my problem was solved! I thought.... I forgot that you could see adhesive through vellum! Then I got the idea for the Bella Dots; good thing I had some chocolate colored ones!
Little "Changitette" is colored with pencils and her jammies/slippers are paper pieced. (I sure had fun cutting those out!) I added a bow to her hair, too. The snowflakes are Spellbinders dies that I coated with glitter.
Image/Sentiment: Stampendous
Paper: PTI Vintage Cream, Dark Chocolate, Imaginesce DP, The Paper Studio Vellum
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Sharpie Black Finepoint
Embellies: Chocolate Bella Dots, Barbara Trombley's Art Glitter in Polar Bag
Extras: Crayolas/Prismas/Goo Gone, Spellbinders Dies, Foam Tape
And now for the fun news.... Since I have discovered Melissa's challenge blog, I have been a pretty loyal player. Melissa asked me awhile back if I would be a Guest Designer for the month of January! Of course I said "yes" without a moment's hesitation! She has a lot of fun in store for January, so I hope you will play along! Thanks Melissa for the fun opportunity!
I hope you all have a great day! Stay warm!

11 comments:

Melissa Craig said...

Awesome card! She certainly looks toasty in those warms jammies and two fisted cups of hot cocoa! A woman that's prepared. LOL

I am so thrilled that you are joining this month Angela.

Susan said...

Hey, that's what I look like every morning. ;) Really cute card. Love those jammies!!

Congrats on the DT spot!! She is lucky to have you!!!

Jessica G. said...

Adorable card! This little Changito is my favorite and he's SO appropriate for your first GDT post!! Love those paper-pieced jammies and what fun DP for the background.

Congratulations on the DP spot; it's a well-deserved honor!!

Jessica G. said...

Oops, I meant 'Congratultions on the DT spot! Maybe I need a second cup of cocoa??

Kathy said...

Changiette is so funny, the bow on her head is the cutest. Great card and big congrats on the DT spot. Way to go and well deserved! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Gabby said...

LOL...that is too cute Angela! Congrats on GDT with TMS! Looking forward to seeing what you make for the team! I already like what I see today! Welcome and once again...congrats!

Deb (dcorder) said...

Congrats!!! You're so talented that I'm sure your GTD will be a highlight!

charlene said...

Hey Angela congrats on your GDT spot ! I will have to keep an eye out and see what is going on. Darling little card !
Hugs

Art Glitter said...

Fun Card, the stamps are awesome! I'm putting a link up on our Facebook wall. Thank you for the mention!

info@artglitter.com
http://www.artglitter.com
http://artglitterblog.blogspot.com

Larissa said...

Congrats on your gdt spot! Great sketch and very lovely card. That little bow in the monkey's hair is so very cute! :)

Chris said...

congrats!! this is a great card, love the image!