Saturday, January 2, 2010

MOJO119: Snow Wonderful



I just love the MOJO Monday sketches; this one was really fun and versatile! I love sketch challenges in general; it's fun to see what stamp I can find that fits the layout. I do usually try to keep everything to scale, as close as I can, so I can stay true to the sketch.

I brought out this wonderful KI Memories DP; it's old, but I love it! The soft colors just make me want to add glitter...I love glitter! This was the first time I have used my Glimmer Mist on a project; although the kids and I have played around with it. Boy, does it shimmer! I also added some of my favorite glitter---Barbara Trombley's Art Glitter in Polar Bear. Love the stuff! It is messy, but so worth it! I also added some sparkly Bella Dots....

The image is colored with Prismas/Goo Gone and then sprayed with the Glimmer Mist. After cutting it out, I added the loose glitter to the hat. She is one glitzy little snowgirl!

Image: Verve "Snow Wonderful"
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select, Smoky Shadow, G.P. White. KI Memories DP
Embellies: White Satin Ribbon/Smoke Grosgrain Ribbon (my stash), Bella Dots, Tattered Angels "Pearl" Glimmer Mist, Barbara Trombley's Art Glitter in Polar Bear
Extras:Prismas/Goo Gone, Cuttlebug/Nestabilities, Martha Stewart Snowflake Punch, Foam Tape

Thanks for visiting! Stay warm and have a great night!

5 comments:

savvy teaching tips said...

Wow what a beautiful card. We'd love to see more. Please come join our new challenge blog which starts up next wednesday. www.stampinroyalty.blogspot.com

Kathy said...

This is beautiful. I love the soft colors you used and the sparkle is amazing. I can see so much sparkle in the photo, it must be even more so in real life! Great card.

Larissa said...

Very cute and wow all the sparkle on your card! I do have some glimmer mist, but not the pearl glimmer mist. I really must put it on my wishlist, because it looks so sparkly.

Susan said...

This is so pretty! I really love the lavender for this card. That snowman is so cute, I've always loved it.

Chris said...

so very cute!