Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy Birthday


Good morning! We had a bit of light, fluffy snow over night and the kids are home from school. It doesn't look bad in town, but it must be blowing in the country....
I was able to incorporate 2 challenges in today's card; I love it when that happens! The Cat's Pajamas Tuesday challenge was to use glitter (easy for me; love it!) and the sketch is from SCS Sketch Challenge.
I tried to make the upper left panel look like a present.... What do you think? Does it?
The image is colored with Crayolas and glitter paper/loose glitter is used liberally! I like the blue/chocolate color scheme...would love to have a chocolate frosted cupcake right now in fact!
Image: The Cat's Pajamas "You Say It's Your Birthday"
Paper: PTI Stamper's Selcet, Dark Chocolate, The Paper Studio DP, Doodlebug Glitter CS, G.P. White
Embellies: Barbara Trombley's Art Glitter in Polar Bear
Extras: Spellbinders Dies, QuicKutz "Metro" Alphabet, Crayolas, DMC Floss, Foam Tape
Thanks for stopping by! Have a goodie!
Angela

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

That panel totally looks like a present! I love the brown and blue, and these penguins. They make me smile!!!

Kathy said...

Great card Angela, that panel totally looks like a present. Good idea, I couldn't figure out what to do with that panel! Really cute image and nicely colored. Plus, I love all the sparkle.

Chris said...

this is so cute, love the glitter!

Banu said...

Very neat. I loved the glitter and the image is really very cute.

Larissa said...

Very cute. Such a sweet image and I like the glitter.